Today’s Parent Challenged Us To A $50 Back To School Shopping Spree at Value Village!

Today's Parent challenged Hello Creative Family to go on a $50 Back To School Shopping Spree at Value Village. Check out the 3 outfits Crystal and her daughter created including shoes!

My mom has the deal hunting gene! That woman can hunt out a good bargain from a mile away. It’s something that I’ve always admired about her and I try my best to follow in her footsteps. My husband loves deal hunting too and I hope that it’s something that we pass along to our kids. 

We have a Value Village location 5 minutes from our house. One of our favorite weekend activities is to head to Value Village with a set amount of money to spend and see what kind of bargains we can find. I buy almost all of my photo props from Value Village and I also love buying children’s clothing there. 

I recently watched a video that shared this shocking statistic: Only 25% percent of children’s kids’ clothing is worn by children in more than one family. The other 75% percent of clothing ends up in the landfill! In fact, North Americans send over 10.5 million tons of clothing to landfills every year, which equals approximately 85 pounds of textiles per person. Those statistic made me feel sick to my stomach and is one more reason why I love donating used items to a local non-profit at Value Village and shopping there too.

Today’s Parent recently gave Christina from The DIY Mommy, Kathryn from Mommy Kat and Kids and myself a challenge– Head to Value Village and spend $50 on a back to school clothing shopping spree. 

Bean was SO EXCITED by this challenge. “Mommy do I get to keep the clothes?” she asked.

Together, we headed to our local location, thrifted our little hearts out, and friends, the results were AMAZING! We didn’t just come home with one back to school look, or even two back to school looks! We came home with three complete outfits including a pair of shoes to go with each look! We even found clothing that was never worn and still had the original tags, as well a high end name brand clothing. We also came in under budget– maybe both of us do have that deal hunting gene! 

Here’s a sneak peek of one of the looks! 

Today's Parent challenged Hello Creative Family to go on a $50 Back To School Shopping Spree at Value Village. Check out the 3 outfits Crystal and her daughter created including shoes!

Head on over to Today’s Parent to read our full post and check out Bean’s three back to school looks! You’re not going to want to miss them! 

Disclosure: Thank you to Today’s Parent, Rogers Media and Value Village for working with us on this post. As with all articles on Hello Creative Family, all thoughts and opinions are 100% our own! 



About

Publisher & Creative Director of Hello Creative Family. Crafty girl who loves to write about homemade, handmade, heart made projects. Mom, bookworm & professional tea drinker. Hoarder of colored sharpies, fabric and mason jars. Motto: Live life creatively!


'Today’s Parent Challenged Us To A $50 Back To School Shopping Spree at Value Village!' have 2 comments

  1. August 10, 2017 @ 6:34 am Kerrie Mendoza

    Wow! Love what you were able to find for just $50 – fantastic choice – Bean looks ready for the first day of school!

    Reply

  2. August 10, 2017 @ 9:09 am Salma

    I’ll have to head over and check out the looks and yes, those stats are crazy!!

    Reply


Would you like to share your thoughts?

Your email address will not be published.

CommentLuv badge

© 2015 Hello Family Media | Developed by Once Coupled.