A Special Online Writing Workshop Led by Taslim Jaffer on Writing for Healing
Tuesday, June 14th
6pm – 8pm PST, Online
- Time and space in your life for concentrated biographical writing;
- A perfectly safe space for workshopping your ideas and developing publishable writing material;
- Meet other writers, and join a vibrant sharing community;
- An opportunity to learn writing techniques and the beauty of healing through the written word from master journal writer, published essay author and writing coach, Taslim Jaffer.
Sign up for this amazing, one-of-a-kind online workshop. Master difficult memories and spin beautiful narratives, then submit them to Her Story for publication in our journal.
About the class:
Each of our journeys is paved with moments – some that we look back upon with contentment, and others that challenge us years later. The difficult times we harbour in our hearts and minds can prevent us from moving forward, or hold us back from being completely authentic in the sharing of our stories. Many publications in scientific journals attest to the physical and psychological benefits of writing about stressors, traumatic events, illness and loss. Healing those parts of our stories is key to a strong writing voice, powerful wisdom and a greater connection to creativity.
When we write, we heal. When we heal, we can write the stories that can heal others.
Writer and workshop facilitator, Taslim Jaffer, has been tuned into the power of journaling for over 25 years and has published memoirs in a number of inspirational anthologies. Join her and other women in an interactive, hands-on session exploring this topic. Be prepared to listen, write, share and ask questions. This workshop is perfect for writers of all stages whether there is a current writing project brewing or simply a means to practice the craft.
$59.00/ 2-hour workshop + free digital copy of our commemorative “Writing for Healing” journal edition featuring writing from some of the students. Released July 2016.
A truly unique writing experience that combines the exploration of powerful, deeply-felt emotions and the real-life moments that shape our lives. This is an opportunity to not only expand your skills, fall in love with your craft again, but to create a community with other female writers who want to share their story with the world. Let Taslim gently guide you through writing for healing, and how to wonderfully tackle complex emotions in writing.
- Mine your own life and memories for material to shape a creative non-fiction essay;
- Expand your writing skill and hone your technique with expert advice, tips;
- Share your ideas with other women, in a safe and supportive environment. Receive feedback on your writing;
- Create a publishable piece of writing and submit it to Her Story for possible feature in our upcoming journal issue: Writing for Healing
The two-hour workshop will include,
- A presentation that provides tips and techniques for both refining your writing technique, and working through complex emotions with writing;
- Quiet reflective time to work on your own writing;
- The opportunity for some participants to share their writing, and receive feedback from the group;
- The opportunity to submit a completed piece of writing on the theme “Writing for Healing” in the Her Story inaugural journal edition
Sign up now or contact us for more information. Everyone, committed students and those wondering if our workshops are right for them, are invited into our free writer’s community for women. Sign up to join us in this private Facebook group.
Access instructions will be displayed and emailed after your order is confirmed and processed.