This post and the photos within it may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
When autumn hits I find myself using my crockpot much more often. It’s so nice to come home from a long day at work and to have the aroma of a delicious dinner hit you as soon as you walk in the door. Knowing that dinner can be on the table in minutes without a bunch of fuss is a great feeling. One of my favorite crockpot meals is my Crockpot Ranch Chicken Taco Recipe.
When I became an Old El Paso brand ambassador I knew immediately that I had to share my Crockpot Ranch Chicken Taco Recipe with all of you. It’s delicious and super easy to make. A great Tex Mex fusion meal.
When I was a kid we used to have tacos for dinner every Friday night. All week long I would look forward to taco night. Friday nights meant the end of a long week, looking forward to 2 days with no school, TGIF programming on TV (Urkel anyone?) and my favorite meal. Tacos were and still are my favorite food in the whole world. I crave tacos more than I crave any other meal.
Old El Paso makes dinnertime easy, combine it with a crockpot meal and it makes for a super easy meal. Try making this Crockpot Ranch Chicken Taco Recipe next week and make Taco Tuesday (or Taco Friday as it was in my house) a weekly tradition!
If you are following along with the Sew Creative Menu Board System here is your Crockpot Ranch Chicken Taco menu board card.
For the chicken:
- 3 to 4 chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons ranch seasoning (make your own with my Ranch Seasoning recipe here)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (make your own with my Taco Seasoning recipe here)
For the ranch sauce:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup reduced fat mayo
- 2 tablespoons ranch seasoning
For the tacos:
- Old El Paso Hard Shell Tacos (I love the Stand and Stuff Tacos)
- Old El Paso Salsa
- Any other taco fixings you might like (shredded cheese, avocado, tomatoes, etc)
- Put chicken breasts, chicken broth, ranch seasoning and taco seasoning into your crockpot. Cook on low temperature for 4 hours.
- In a bowl combine sour cream, mayo and ranch seasoning. Stir until well combined then refrigerate for at least 1 hour for flavors to combine.
- When ready to serve, remove chicken from liquid and shred with a fork. Heat tacos per instructions on box. Fill taco shell with shredded chicken, lettuce and other taco fixings. Top with ranch sauce and salsa.
Tell me: Do you love Mexican food as much as I do? Does your family have Taco Tuesday? Do you find that you use your crockpot more in the fall and winter?
“Disclosure – I am participating in the Old El Paso Blogger Campaign by Mom Central Canada on behalf of General Mills, and received compensation as a thank you for participating and for sharing my honest opinion. The opinions on this blog are my own.”