The 2014 Olympics is quickly coming to a close (Go Canada Go!) as is our giveaway from Lesley Stowe. Our contest for this lovely Lesley Stowe Foodie Prize Pack ends tonight at midnight (EST). You can enter at the bottom of this post.
Alexandra’s Inrun Caramelized Onion Blue Cheese Dip Recipe
- 1 tbsp. (15mL) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (50mL) mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup (175mL) sour cream
- 3 oz. (85g) blue cheese (Roquefort, Danish blue or stilton)
- 6 oz. (170g) cream cheese
- 4 tsp. (20mL) fresh lemon juice
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a small sauté pan to medium-low add onion, cover and cook until deep golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 20 mins. Cool.
- Whisk together mayonnaise and sour cream in a medium bowl add the blue cheese and cream cheese mash with a rubber spatula until smooth.
- Stir in caramelized onion.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with Raincoast Cranberry Hazelnut Crisps or wheat-free Raincoast Rosemary Oat Crisps.
Want to support the Canadian Women’s Ski Jumping Team? Lesley Stowe will contribute $1 per message, to a max $5,000 to the team. Leave a message for the Canadian team on Lesley Stowe’s Facebook page or send a tweet tagging @Lesley Stowe.