At the end of last week I came down with the flu. One of my hallucinations spurred on by my high fever was of a Mad Hatter-esque Valentine’s Day Tea Party with some of my favorite mamas. While most of this “dream” makes my head spin the highlight was the food. Oh, the baking, it was divine!
I decided to use the idea for this week’s Weekly Inspiration. What kind of sweets would the perfect Valentine’s Day Party include? Read on to find out!
1. Molten Chocolate Lava Cake- Let’s be honest, no Valentine’s Day is complete without the decadence of chocolate. This Molten Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe from Iowa Girl Eats only takes 20 minutes from start to finish! Perfect for a romantic dessert for 2 or for a glass of wine and a gab with the girls.
2. Perfect Lemon Bars- Lemon bars are just about my favorite dessert in the whole wide world. The way the tartness tickles your tongue… I’ve always been a fan of sour desserts. I actually haven’t made lemon bars since my daughter was born so I’m very excited to give this Perfect Lemon Bars Recipe from Redfly Creations a try.
3. Raspberry Sugar Cookie Hearts- Valentine’s day couldn’t be complete without heart shaped cookies. This Raspberry Sugar Cookie Hearts Recipe from Chatelaine makes the perfect Valentine’s Day treat. Tied up in a little cellophane bag as a sweet treat for your kiddo’s teacher, slipped into the lunch of your loved one or left on the doorstep of someone you admire.
4. Strawberry Tartlettes- For me, strawberry tarts are all about the strawberries and the tart crust… I can take or leave the custard filling that most people put in. That’s why I love this Strawberry Tart Recipe from Annie Eats. Homemade tart dough, juicy strawberries tossed in sugar and lemon juice, a smidge of strawberry jam and if you desire a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla bean ice cream on top. Simple. Delicious. Perfection.
5. Hot Chocolate On A Stick- Honesty I think Homemade Hot Chocolate On A Stick from Makes and Takes is the perfect treat for just about any Fall or Winter holiday: Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, New Year’s, Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day… 😉 Homemade marshmallows, rich, thick, homemade chocolate blocks, who could resist? For Valentine’s Day I would suggest using heart shaped cookie cutters for your marshmallows and chocolate. Wrap them up in cellophane bags with Valentine’s Day themed ribbon and you have a beautiful and thoughtful handmade gift for 36 special Valentines! (Yep the recipe makes 36 hot chocolates on a stick!)
If anyone is reading, I’d love to hear from you! What are your favorite Valentine’s Day Treats?
Find more delicious baking ideas on our Baking board on Pinterest!