Leftover Turkey Shepherds Pie Recipe
Filled with all the delectable flavors of Thanksgiving, our Leftover Turkey Shepherds Pie Recipe is going to become your FAVORITE thing to do with your Thanksgiving leftovers! It’s so good you’re going to find yourself making turkey every Sunday so you have leftovers for this recipe!
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or your favorite cooking oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 rib of celery, diced
- 1 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can of kernel corn
- 1 1 large turkey breast cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup turkey drippings (if you don’t have any substitute chicken broth)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tbsp tablespoons of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp teaspoon of dried thyme
- 4-6 cups mashed potatoes
Preheat oven to 400F.
Add 2 tablespoons of cooking oil to a frying pan set over medium heat. When oil is hot sauté onions and celery for 2 minutes, add carrots and minced garlic and sauté for another 2 minutes.
Add corn, turkey breast cubes, turkey drippings and white wine. Toss to combine.
Add flour and dried thyme and mix thoroughly.
Top with mashed potatoes.
Put in oven for 20 minutes or until shepherds pie is heated through and the top is golden brown. Make sure to put a baking tray underneath your frying pan! It’s going to bubble and get messy!
Optional: broil for last 2 minutes for an extra crispy topping!