I’m always looking for ways to jazz up my son’s pre-school lunch, but it’s not always easy. His pre-school has a nut free rule, but he lives off almonds and a variety nut butters. I’ve been experimenting a lot with sunflower seed butter and have come up with these Nut Free Apple Bites.
This recipe is really easy to put together, just chuck everything in a blender and you’re golden (I love me some easy recipes!).
Okay, let’s be honest, these nut free apple bites may not be the most attractive snacks in the world but they taste so-darn-good (I’ve downed three since I started writing this post).
Make sure you pay close attention to the ingredient list on the sunflower butter you are buying. Many brands load them with sugar. You want ground up sunflower seeds, pure and simple. Check out Crystal’s Sunbutter Recipe if you want to try making your own!
Read on for my 4 Ingredient Nut Free Bliss Balls Recipe!
4 Ingredient Nut Free Bliss Balls Recipe
If you don’t have sunflower seed butter, peanut butter is more than fine. You can use any nut butter of your liking and I bet it will still taste awesome.
A little note: they apple bites will be warm after all that hard work in the blender so put them in the fridge for 20-30 minutes to set.
-1 cup pitted dates
-1 cup dehydrated apples *see note
-1/2 seed or nut butter of choice (I used sunflower seed butter)
Optional for drizzle: 1/2 cup of your favorite chocolate chips (chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips, etc.)
1. In a high-powered blender combine everything but the chocolate chips.
2. Blend the mixture until it’s crumbly (you may have to give the blender a few breaks).
3. Roll into balls.
4. Put into fridge to set.
Optional: For the drizzle- Microwave the chocolate chips with a little bit of milk or water and drizzle over the balls.
Note: Use dehydrated apples, not dried. You don’t want apple chips, you want the ones that are soft.
Print or save it for later:
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup dehydrated apples *see note
- 1/2 cup seed butter or nut butter of choice I used sunflower seed butter
- Optional for drizzle: 1/2 cup of your favorite chocolate chips chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips, etc.
- In a high-powered blender combine everything but the chocolate chips.
- Blend the mixture until it's crumbly (you may have to give the blender a few breaks).
- Roll into balls.
- Put into fridge to set.
- Optional: For the drizzle- Microwave the chocolate chips with a little bit of milk or water and drizzle over the balls.
Victoria Ess says
I love how simple the ingredients list is! Thanks for sharing!
kristen visser says
omg I seriously just drooled a little! these look absolutely amazing. And they are so easy to make using very little ingredients…definitely my kind of thing to make 🙂 thanks for sharing this yummy recipe!