These adorable sparkly snowman cupcakes are the perfect recipe for Christmas baking with kids! Simple, fun and easy for festive holiday fun!
Hi Crafty Friends!
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! I can not believe that it is December 1st already! Christmas is going to look very different for my family this year, since we can’t go to Washington to visit my parents and sister, so I’m doing everything possible to make the month of December extra special for my kiddos.
Last week I published this super fun Family Activities Advent Calendar that has two versions– one all filled in and one blank. I thought the version I made was super fun, but my youngest quickly decided that he wanted to create his own version! The advent calendar he made not only included making Christmas cookies, it also included making Christmas cupcakes! I don’t know what he enjoys more– baking Christmas goodies, or eating what we make!
Christmas Baking With Kids
Today I’m going to share with you one of his favorite Christmas treats– our snowman cupcakes recipe! This recipe uses a boxed cake mix to keep things super simple and let you concentrate on the extra fun part– decorating!
Ready to learn how to make these super cute sparkly snowmen? Read on!
Sparkly Christmas Snowman Cupcakes
- 1 Vanilla cake mix + all ingredients called for on the cake mix box Take note that most cake mixes yield 24 cupcakes, so the decorating ingredients are for 24 cupcakes
- 1 Stick butter softened
- 2 cup Confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 1/2 cups Granulated sugar poured into a shallow bowl
- Black decorating frosting
- Orange decorating frosting
- Gather your ingredients and preheat your oven to the temperature recommended for your cupcake mix.
- Prepare cupcakes according to package’s directions. Allow them to cool completely before decorating.
- As the cupcakes cool, use an electric mixer to beat together butter, confectioners’ sugar and milk. Once all ingredients are well-combined, the buttercream is ready.
- Use an offset spatula to frost each cupcake with a hefty amount of buttercream.
- Dip each frosted cupcake in the bowl of sugar.
- Decorate each cupcake with a “snowman face” by using the black and orange frosting, attaching Wilton icing tip #5 to each frosting.
- Enjoy your adorable snowman cupcakes!
I hope you enjoy these sweet treats and that they help to make your Christmas a little bit brighter!
Love new recipes? Sign up for our recipe newsletter!
Tell me… Do you enjoy doing Christmas baking with your kids, or is it more of a solo activity for you?
If you like our Sparkly Christmas Snowman Recipe I would love for you to pin it! It helps others discover our recipe which helps us bring you more awesome content like this!
Looking for more fun Christmas ideas? Check out our holidays section and take a peek at these ideas!