Learn how to make a DIY Reindeer Hot Chocolate Ornament using your Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore! These easy ornaments make a great handmade teacher’s gift and gifts for kids. Includes a free Reindeer Face SVG File.
One of my favorite things to do is get together for a Crafternoon with my girlfriends. I love doing it in person, but that’s so hard when I have so many wonderful, talented, creative blogging friends who live all over the world! So today, I’m getting together with them virtually for a Cricut Christmas ornament Crafternoon project!
Our wonderful host, Jennifer from Celebrating Everyday Life, gave us the theme of Christmas Ornaments made with your Cricut. I immediately knew exactly what I was going to make– DIY Reindeer Hot Chocolate Ornaments!
Last year my friend Tracy and I got together and made these sweet little ornaments to go in Christmas gift baskets. My kids and I also made some for them to give to their friends! They are super easy to make using your Cricut and perfect for little helpers because you can just put each vinyl decal piece on your ornament like a sticker– no transfer tape needed!
I love that these sweet little ornaments are not only handmade, but also don’t break the bank! Buy your hot chocolate in bulk, get a big package of clear ornaments, and pick up sheets of black, red and brown vinyl and your set! You can get a TON of ornaments out of one 12″X12″ sheet!
I’m also giving you a free SVG file that you can use for these ornaments! It would look cute on other things too like mugs or t-shirts so play around! The sky is the limit!
Want to grab this free cut file? Enter your info below and I’ll send it straight to your inbox!
- This cut file is for personal use only. A commercial use license can be purchased here.
- This file can be used in part or in whole for your personal projects.
- Digital reselling, sharing, redistributing of the files is NOT allowed. If you would like to share, please direct friends to the original blog post where you found this cut file.
Read on to learn how to make our DIY Reindeer Hot Chocolate Ornaments and don’t forget to check out all the ornaments my crafty friends made at the bottom of this post!
DIY Reindeer Hot Chocolate Ornament
–Reindeer Face SVG file (Fill in box above to have it sent to you)
–Cricut Vinyl (I used red, black and brown)
Step 1: Download my Reindeer Face SVG file. Log into Cricut Design Space. Click on Upload Image and upload the SVG file. Click on the image of the cut file and then click “Insert Images”.
Size your image to the size you want for your ornament. I sized mine so that it was 2.5 inches wide. Then click “Make It”.
Select the material you will be cutting with. Lay each color of vinyl onto your cutting mat when prompted colored side up, load it into your Cricut and then push the cute little Cricut C.
Step 2: Use your weeding tools to weed each color of your vinyl, carefully removing the excess vinyl from around your design leaving just your image left on the white backing.
Step 3: Transfer the antlers, ears, eyes and nose to the Christmas ball pushing down firmly to make sure they are adhered to your Christmas ornament.
Step 4: Remove the top of your Christmas ornament and use a funnel to fill it with hot chocolate. Once filled put the top back on the Christmas ornament.
Voila! You have an adorable DIY Reindeer Hot Chocolate Ornament.
Last year we paired them with these gift tags we made with our Cricut and they were so cute!
Are you ready to see the amazing ornaments my crafty friends made?
- Tis the Season to Sparkle – Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Gingerbread Cricut Ornaments – Pineapple Paper Co.
- Joyeux Noel Mini Farmhouse Sign Ornament – Celebrating Everyday Life
- DIY Paper Christmas Ornaments – Abbi Kirsten Collections
- DIY Sloth Ornament – Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Joy Christmas Ornament – SeeLindsay
- Christmas Teacher Cricut Ornament – Happy Go Lucky
- Easy DIY Christmas Ornaments – Everyday Party Mag
- DIY Reindeer Hot Chocolate Ornament – Hello Creative Family
- Easy Woodblock Cricut Ornament – Me and My Inklings
- Easy Cricut Poinsettia Ornament – Kingston Crafts
Aren’t they so fun! It just goes to show you that with a Cricut and a little imagination the sky is the limit! Pop around to each of the blogs, check them out and have a crafternoon of your own!