Chai Tea Ice Pop Recipe
Chai tea is one of my favorite drinks. I love sitting with a warm mug of it nestled between my hands as I sit at my computer, waiting for inspiration to strike. I drink tea all through the fall, winter and spring. While I occasionally will make up a pot of tea and ice it in the summer, it just doesn’t quite have the same feeling of comfort as it does on a cold winter day. That’s why I decided to mix things up a bit and put my favorite chai tea flavors into a chai tea ice pop recipe!
Last year Raj from Pink Chai Living and I made our chai tea video. Always the foodie, I played with the flavors and created my own spin on it. I love spicy chai tea, so in my version I decided to add some ginger and steep it for longer than the recipe that Raj shared with us. This makes it extra concentrated for the popsicle and gives it a bit of extra spice which I love. These chai tea ice pops are creamy, sweet, spicy, delicious and perfect for a hot summer day!
I pulled my Zoku Quick Pop Maker out of the freezer and whipped up 3 popsicles in 7 minutes. Then I decided to make 3 more… because I really do love my chai tea!
These can just as easily be made in any ice pop maker that you stick in your freezer (we have these adorable Zoku Polar Pop Ice Pop Molds and always have ice pops freezing in them in the freezer), but for instant ice pop gratification the Zoku Quick Pop Maker is the way to go!
Read on for my Chai Tea Ice Pop Recipe! I hope that you love it!
Chai Tea Ice Pop Recipe
-1.5 cups of water
-1 stick of cinnamon
-6 pieces of clove
-6 pieces of cardamon
-Pinch of nutmeg (I buy whole nutmeg and grate it into the water)
-3 slices of ginger, approximately 1/8 of an inch thick
-2 tea bags of your favorite black tea
-1.5 cups of milk
-Sugar to taste (I use 3 teaspoons)
1. In a medium saucepan, bring water, cinnamon, clove, cardamon and nutmeg to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Turn off heat, add teabags and steep for 5 minutes.
4. Add milk and sugar.
5. Bring mixture to a boil.
6. Let simmer for 1-2 minutes
7. Remove from heat and strain tea.
8. Put in fridge to cool.
9. Once cooled, pour chai tea into your popsicle molds and freeze. Enjoy!
In my Zoku Quick Pop Maker each pop uses 1/3 cup of liquid so this recipe makes approximately 9 ice pops. Or 6 ice pops and one delicious cup of chai tea for me!
Print or save for later:
- -1.5 cups of water
- -1 stick of cinnamon
- -6 pieces of clove
- -6 pieces of cardamon
- -pinch of nutmeg I buy whole nutmeg and grate it into the water
- -3 slices of ginger approximately 1/8 of an inch thick
- -2 tea bags of your favorite black tea
- -1.5 cups of milk
- -Sugar to taste I use 3 teaspoons
- In a medium saucepan, bring water, cinnamon, clove, cardamon and nutmeg to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat, add teabags and steep for 5 minutes.
- Add milk and sugar.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Let simmer for 1-2 minutes
- Remove from heat and strain tea.
- Put in fridge to cool.
- Once cooled, pour chai tea into your popsicle molds and freeze. Enjoy!