This post and the photos within it may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
When you hear the words “Family Dinner” what do you think of? Here are the thoughts that come to mind for me:
-Simple but delicious meals.
-Food that both parents and the kids enjoy.
-The house filled with the delicious aromas of a dinner cooking in the oven.
-Tummies growling in anticipation of a good meal.
-Family sharing their stories from the day, bonding and spending quality time together.
Anyone who has a “picky eater” knows that the food that you put on the table is almost as important as the conversation that happens around the table. After all, serve something that the kids don’t like and the whole mood of the meal can plummet as you coax, cajole, beg and bribe your kids to eat.
I’ve never met a kid that doesn’t like French fries. That’s why I jumped at the chance when McCain’s offered me the opportunity to Modifry a meal! What does it mean to Modifry a meal? Create a simple but delicious meal, using everyday household ingredients and McCain® Superfries. I immediately got to work brainstorming about my recipe.
My mind went in two directions. Chicken and corn chowder with big chunks of potato and fully loaded baked potatoes… well why not combine the two into one recipe?
I decided to create a Fully Loaded Chicken and Potato Casserole Recipe. This recipe is classic comfort food; it will warm you to the core and make your whole house smell delicious. Kids will love that they are eating French fries in a casserole. Parents will love the flavour of a grilled chicken breast mixed with a fully loaded baked potatoes. Pair with steamed broccoli or a side salad for a meal that hits all of food groups.
Fully Loaded Chicken and Potato Casserole Recipe Using McCain® Superfries
- 1- 650 gram bag of McCain® Superfries Straight Cut or Crinkle Cut (Want to play with your flavours a bit? Check out all of the different flavours of McCain’s fries! My family loves the Savoury Wedges.)
- 16 oz of low fat sour cream
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 cups of grated cheddar cheese
Mix in flavours- Adding ingredients that your kids love is a great way to get them interested in the food you prepare. What flavours does your family love on their baked potatoes or their chicken chowder? Here are some of our favourite mix-in ideas:
- 8 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
- Handful of Chives
- 1 Can of Corn Niblets
- Spices- salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, etc.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly grease a casserole dish
- Cut your McCain® Superfries and chicken breasts into pieces and toss together with 2 cups of cheddar cheese, mix-ins and spices in your casserole dish
- Add 16 oz of light sour cream and toss all ingredients until sour cream is incorporated
- Bake for 60 minutes
- Top with remaining cheddar cheese and put in oven until melted (approximately 5 minutes). Top with chives and serve. This recipe is great alongside steamed broccoli or a side salad.
Mealtime is made better by the Superfries® everyone loves! Made from specially selected potatoes, canola oil and sea salt, Superfries® transforms any meal by adding an element of fun. Enjoy McCain® Superfries® on their own or as a substitute to your favourite side dish. Spice things up tonight and try our Black Pepper and Lime MODIFRY™! Check out www.mccain.ca for recipe ideas!
Disclosure: This post was brought to you by McCain Foods Canada via Mode Media Canada Inc. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of McCain Foods Canada.
Tell me…What is your favourite family dinner dish?