Looking for unique handmade wedding favor ideas? This heart hot chocolate bombs recipe makes a beautiful one of a kind gift that recipients will love! Also wonderful for anniversary gifts and Valentine gifts for chocolate lovers!
Hi Crafty Friends! We’re back with another instalment of my latest obsession– Hot chocolate bombs! Last month I showed you how to make peppermint hot chocolate bombs. Today we’re going to take that same basic idea but make heart hot chocolate bombs! They are so pretty with their red and white chocolate drizzle and pretty heart shaped sprinkles! I think they would be perfect for wedding favors, anniversaries and Valentine’s Day!
My kids have always loved hot chocolate, but this year they seem to be extra crazy about it! I think it might have something to do with the fact that we are basically hibernating because of Covid. When we leave the house, it’s mostly to walk the dogs and their favorite thing to do when we get home is to make a cup of hot cocoa and warm up.
Hygge Drink Recipe
Have you heard of Hygge before? Hygge is a Danish word that loosely translated means a feeling of cozy contentment and wellbeing. These hot chocolate bombs definitely fit that definition. I have always been tea drinker and I feel like there is a certain feeling and ritual that goes along with making the perfect cup of tea. My kids feel the same way about these hot chocolate bombs. There’s something about heating up the milk, gently pouring it over the chocolate, stirring and watching the chocolate melt away to expose all the warmth and yumminess inside that is so hygge!
I get that same feeling while making these hot chocolate bombs. Melting the chocolate, pouring it in to the molds, waiting for the chocolate to set. It’s very hygge.
Here are a few more recipes that have that feeling of hygge to me:
Heart Hot Chocolate Bombs Recipe
- Place the dark chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until the chocolate chips are fully melted.
- Put a spoonful of melted chocolate inside one cup on the silicone mold and use the back of the spoon to spread the chocolate up the sides of the mold. Continue this process until all the molds are coated. Set the remaining chocolate aside for sealing and decorating the bombs. Allow the chocolate to set completely, around 2 to 3 hours. You can speed up the process by placing the chocolate in the refrigerator.
- When the chocolate is set, remove each of the chocolate pieces from the mold. Add a small amount of instant hot cocoa mix to half the pieces and top the hot cocoa mix with marshmallows and half the sprinkles.
- Reheat the chocolate in 15 second intervals until melted. Pick up an empty chocolate piece and dip the edges into the melted chocolate. Carefully place it on top of a filled piece and lightly press it into place. Use your finger to smooth melted chocolate around the seam. Continue until all the chocolate bombs are sealed.
- Melt the red and white chocolate according to the package instructions, then place the melted chocolate into piping bags. Drizzle the chocolate over the top of the bombs to decorate. Sprinkle red sprinkles over the top of the bombs and add three heart sprinkles to the top. Allow the chocolate decorations to set before using, around 1 hour.
- To make the hot chocolate bombs, place the bomb in the bottom of a mug. Pour one cup of hot milk over the top of the bomb to melt the chocolate. When the chocolate is completely melted, stir to combine.
I think that these heart hot chocolate bombs turned out so cute! They would make wonderful wedding favors, anniversary gifts and handmade valentines! What do you think?
Tell me… Have you ever made hot chocolate bombs before? Would you like to see us make more variations of this fun treat?
If you like our Heart Hot Chocolate Bomb Recipe I would love for you to pin it! It helps others discover our recipe which helps us bring you more awesome content like this!
If you like this post, make sure you check out our recipe section too! Here are a few more ideas you might like!