This post and the photos within it may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
These Easy DIY Candy Heart Bath Bombs are cotton candy scented and are just about as sweet as can be! They make a great handmade gift idea!
Hi Crafty Friends!
Bath bombs are one of my very favorite things to DIY! Have you made them before? I always feel so fancy when I give them as a handmade gift, and then tell the recipient they are handmade! Forget candy and flowers this Valentine’s Day! I know that this busy mama would prefer a warm, beautifully scented bath along with an hour of uninterrupted bath time instead! Know other mamas that feel the same way? Or maybe teachers? Today I’m going to teach you how to make these gorgeous heartfelt gifts– Easy DIY Candy Heart Bath Bombs! They are sure to become your go to handmade gift!
Galentine’s Day Gift Idea
Have you heard of Galentine’s Day before? Galentine’s Day is celebrated on February 13th, the day before Valentine’s Day. It’s a super fun holiday made up by Parks and Receation character Lesley Knope. It’s a day for celebrating the love that you have for your lady friends, and I’m 100% here for it. You can read more about it here.
My friends and I have been celebrating Galentine’s Day for a few years now, and I’ve got to say– It’s really nice. We’ve all been married for quite a few years, have kids, and let’s just say that Valentine’s Day isn’t quite as exciting as it once was at the beginning of our relationships. So Galentine’s Day is a great excuse to make some other mamas feel extra special, and (during non-covid times) it’s a great excuse to hang with your besties.
These Easy DIY Candy Heart Bath Bombs make a great Galentine’s Day gift, “just because” gift, teacher gift or Valentine’s Day gift– A little something that you can give to just about anyone to let them know you care and that you want them to have a happy day!
Ready to learn how to make them? Read on for my Easy DIY Candy Heart Bath Bombs instructions!
Easy DIY Candy Heart Bath Bombs
Easy DIY Candy Heart Bath Bombs
- 1 cup Baking soda
- 1/2 cup Epsom salt
- 1/2 cup Corn starch
- 1/2 Citric acid
- Red pink or purple food coloring Alternatively you can use soap coloring but I like using something that almost everyone has in their home. There is such a small amount of the coloring in the bath bombs that it doesn't effect your skin color when you use it in the bath.
- Cotton Candy Fragrance Oil Or your favorite fragrance oil or essential oil
- 4-6 tbsp Coconut oil Melted
- Valentine's Day themed sprinkles I used heart quins, pink sanding sugar and Valentine’s colored nonpareils
You'll also need:
- A mixing bowl
- Silicone heart mold
- Rubber Gloves
- Pour baking soda, corn starch and epsom salt into a mixing bowl. Stir until combined.
- Add drops of food coloring and fragrance oil. I started with 6 drops of red and 4 drops of purple and 10 drops of fragrance oil. Get in there with your hands (rubber gloves will keep your hands from getting the food coloring on your skin). Mix, adding more food coloring as needed until you get to your desired color. (Note: when you add the coconut oil the color will darken some.)
- Add the citric acid to the bowl and stir until combined.
- Slowly add coconut oil to your mixture one tablespoon at a time, stirring with a spoon to start and then mixing with your hands until the mixture holds together like wet sand when packed together.
- Add sprinkles and candy to the bottom of your silicone molds.
- Divide your bath bomb mixture between the cavities of your silicone mold. Press the mixture firmly into the mold. Your bath bomb mixture should be packed down firmly.
- Add more candy sprinkles to the top of your bath bombs. Press firmly so the candies are embedded in the bath bombs. If you are worried about the candies sticking on top you can pour a bit of coconut oil on top and press down with a spoon to seal them in.
- Leave overnight to dry.
- Once they have dried for 12 hours or more, carefully remove from the silicone mold!
And there you have it! You have 6 gorgeous DIY Candy Heart Bath Bombs to give as Valentine’s Day, Galentine’s Day gifts or anytime you need a thoughtful handmade gift!
Tell me… Have you ever made handmade bath bombs before? Who would you give these to?
If you like our Quick and Easy DIY Candy Heart Bath Bombs I would love for you to pin it! It helps others discover our site, which helps us to continue to bring you awesome free content!
If you like this post, make sure you check out our DIY & Craft section! Here are a few more posts you might like too!