Ummmm YUM!!! Waffle Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches?!?!? Yes please! Pull out that waffle maker, a box of brownie mix and a tub of ice cream and get ready to create your new favorite dessert idea!
A few years ago my family got a Blendtec blender and we became OBSESSED with the Blendtec “Will It Blend” videos. A few weeks ago I saw a friend share a photo of tater tots that she cooked in her waffle maker and a new obsession was born– “Will it waffle”?
I’ll be honest with you… I’m not a huge fan of waffles for breakfast. I think it’s because my family has a single waffle, waffle maker and it just takes so dang long to make waffles for our entire family. I secretly have my eye out on this 4 waffle, waffle maker!
Even though I don’t love waffles for breakfast because of the time vs. how many people you need to feed ratio… I do love waffling other things! Like brownies! Have you all tried waffle brownies before? I’m telling you, pull out that box of brownie mix and heat up your waffle maker because you are going to want to try them!
One night my kids gave us the idea of putting vanilla ice cream on a waffle brownie and suddenly the idea of Waffle Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches was born!
You can make two ice cream sandwiches out of each waffle, and they store well in the freezer (not that you are going to be able to resist eating them sooner!) These will end up with the perfect ice cream sandwich consistency once they’ve been frozen for two hours or more… but seriously… how can you not be tempted to eat one (or two) while they are still warm? We’re not saints after all!
This recipe couldn’t be easier to make and your kids are going to LOVE it!
Ready for this Waffle Brownie Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe? Read on!
Waffle Brownie Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
- Waffle Maker
- 1 box brownie mix prepared
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream softened
- Preheat Belgian waffle maker. Prepare brownie mix according to package instructions.
- Spray the top and bottom plates of the waffle maker with nonstick cooking spray. Scoop 1/3 cup batter onto the waffle maker and close the lid.
- Cook the waffles for 6 to 8 minutes, until the waffle maker stops steaming. Carefully remove the waffle from the waffle maker and allow to cool completely.
- Separate the waffles into four slices. Place half the slices on a large plate or baking sheet. Spread the softened ice cream over the top of each of the waffle slices.
- Place remaining waffle slices on top of the ice cream.
- Place the ice cream sandwiches in the freezer and freeze for at least 2 hours before serving.
These seriously make my mouth water just looking at them! You will not want to miss making this recipe!
Tell me… Have you ever tried waffling things other than waffle batter? Have you ever made ice cream sandwiches before?
Like these waffle brownie ice cream sandwiches? I would love for you to pin it for later and to help other people discover them!
Like this recipe? You might like these ones too!