Have you jumped on the Hot Chocolate Bomb trend yet? These sweet treats are so fun and easy to make! Learn how to make rainbow hot chocolate bombs with this step by step tutorial! With Lucky Charms marshmallows they are magically delicious! Perfect for rainbow birthday party favors or St. Patrick’s Day!
Hi Crafty Friends! I’m back with a brand new hot chocolate bomb recipe! This is one trend that I just can’t get enough of! I just think that they are so much fun! There are so many variations that you can create, and they make the perfect little handmade gift!
Have you tried making them yet?
If you are new to the Hot Chocolate Bomb craze, make sure you check out these fun variations on Hello Creative Family:
What is a hot chocolate bomb?
You might be sitting here reading this post thinking “What in the heck is a hot chocolate bomb?” Lucky for you, I have an answer! A hot chocolate bomb is made of a hard shell of chocolate, filled with hot chocolate powder, marshmallows and any other flavorings you may want to add. It’s usually topped with chocolate drizzle and cute little decorations that might give you a hint about what is inside. Drop the hot chocolate bomb in a cup, pour hot milk on top, stir and watch your hot chocolate bomb explode into a cup of delicious chocolate marshmallow goodness!
Here is a video of one of our Peppermint Hot Chocolate bombs being “detonated”.
St. Patrick’s Day Hot Chocolate Bomb
You all know how much I love rainbows, so the idea of this hot chocolate bomb mostly appealed to me because of it’s sweet, rainbow cuteness. However, I have to admit it is also perfect for St. Patrick’s Day. And since St. Patrick’s Day is going to be here before you know it, now seemed like the perfect time to share this fun tutorial!
If you love rainbows the way that I do, you might like these Hello Creative Family posts too!
Ready for this delicious recipe? Read on!
How To Make Lucky Charms Rainbow Hot Chocolate Bombs
- 1 12- ounce package white chocolate chips
- 1 packet instant cocoa mix
- 1 cup Lucky Charms marshmallows
- ¼ cup marshmallows from Lucky Charms cereal
- 6 cups hot milk to make the bombs
- Round silicone mold
- Place the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until the chocolate chips are fully melted.
- Put a spoonful of melted chocolate inside one cup on the silicone mold and use the back of the spoon to spread the chocolate up the sides of the mold. Continue this process until all the molds are coated. Set the remaining chocolate aside for sealing and decorating the bombs.Allow the chocolate to set completely, around 2 to 3 hours. You can speed up the process by placing the chocolate in the refrigerator.
- When the chocolate is set, remove each of the chocolate pieces from the mold. Add a small amount of instant hot cocoa mix to half the pieces and top the hot cocoa mix with Lucky Charms marshmallow.
- Reheat the chocolate in 15 second intervals until melted. Pick up an empty chocolate piece and dip the edges into the melted chocolate. Carefully place it on top of a filled piece and lightly press it into place. Use your finger to smooth melted chocolate around the seam. Continue until all the chocolate bombs are sealed.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the top of the bombs and decorate with marshmallows from Lucky Charms cereal. Allow the chocolate decorations to set before using, around 1 hour.
- To make the hot chocolate bombs, place the bomb in the bottom of a mug. Pour one cup of hot milk over the top of the bomb to melt the chocolate. When the chocolate is completely melted, stir to combine.
I just love these pretty little hot chocolate bombs so much! How about you?
If you love fun, family friendly recipes make sure you sign up for our recipe newsletter!
Tell me… Have you ever tried making hot chocolate bombs? What kind of hot chocolate bomb would you like to see us make next?
If you like our Heart Hot Chocolate Bomb Recipe I would love for you to pin it! It helps others discover our recipe which helps us bring you more awesome content like this!
If you like this post, make sure you check out our recipe section too! Here are a few more ideas you might like!