Make popsicles at home that you can feel good about serving your family with this delicious healthy rainbow ice pops recipe! Made with juice, chia seeds & fruit the flavor combinations are endless!
The summer is by far my favorite time of the year, but the older I get, the less I can handle the heat. I’m so lucky to live in beautiful Vancouver, BC where summer weather means between 25C/77F to 30C/86F. The skies are blue, the oceans are sparkling, the weather is warm and my family is going through a TON of ice pops!
Because my family is eating so many popsicles, I like to keep them as healthy as possible, so that this mama feels zero guilt. You know that I love a good rainbow project, so I decided to make some healthy rainbow popsicles using chia seeds, fresh fruit and apple juice.
These are so fun to make because the flavor and color options are endless! Take your favorite clear fruit juice, add chia seeds, and then add your favorite fruit to make ice pops in all the colors of the rainbow!
They are super yummy, fun to look at and even more fun to eat! Want the recipe for my Healthy Rainbow Ice Pops? Read on!
Healthy Rainbow Ice Pops With Chia Seeds and Fruit
- Apple juice – or a clear juice of your choice
- Red or pink fruit- watermelon, grapefruit, raspberries or strawberries
- Orange fruit- mango, cantalope, papaya or oranges
- Yellow fruit- pineapple, lemon or bananas
- Green fruit- kiwi, grapes, honeydew melon, pears or apples
- Blue fruit- blueberries or blackberries
- Purple fruit- grapes
- Chia Seeds 1 tablespoon per 1.5 cups of juice
- Mix 1 tablespoon chia seeds per 1.5 cups of juice. Let sit for 1 hour. Stir every 20 minutes or so to ensure chia seeds aren't clumping and are plumping up nicely.
- Add fruit to the popsicle molds and then top with chia and juice mixture.
- Insert popsicle sticks and freeze overnight. When you are ready to serve let the popsicles sit out for 10 minutes or run under warn water to loosen. Enjoy!
These healthy rainbow popsicles turned out just as pretty as can be and they tasted even better! There are so many different flavour ideas too so your kids will never get bored!
Tell me… have you ever made homemade popsicles? What are you favorite flavors?
If you love my healthy rainbow ice pops recipe I’d love for you to pin it to help others discover it too!
Love frozen treats? Make sure you check out our dessert section! Here are a few more sweet treats you might love too!