Today is such an exciting day for me. First of all… I’VE BEEN PUBLISHED IN A COOKBOOK FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME!!!! Second, I’m going to share with you a delicious (and healthy) dark chocolate almond butter cups recipe from the book! These almond butter cups are the things that dreams are made of!
First a bit of information about the cookbook! Many of you know that I recently received my Culinary Nutrition Expert Certification. It was an amazing program with one lofty goal– To Change The World.
That goal is exactly what Meghan Telpner (the creator of The Academy of Culinary Nutrition), her team, and the massive team of Culinary Nutrition around the world are doing. We’re changing the world! Bite by bite, class by class, discussion by discussion, cookbook sold by cookbook sold!
Every year, the Academy of Culinary Nutrition creates a cookbook with recipes submitted from Culinary Nutrition Expert Graduates and sells that book with 100% of profits going to a great cause. This year the title of the book is From Scratch Cooking: 44 Whole, Healthy & Delicious Recipes, the proceeds from the book are being donated to Pencils of Promise. Our goal is a mighty one– to raise $25,000, the amount needed to build a school in Ghana, Laos or Guatemala!
The cookbook is filled with delicious, nutritious, healthful recipes that your entire family will love. The photographs are stunning and I know it will inspire the preparation of many delicious meals your kitchen.
Read on for the Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups Recipe from From Scratch Cooking.
I made this recipe recently and brought them to a family function. To say that they were a hit would be an understatement. I topped mine with red Hawaiian sea salt (see image above) and made them in a full sized muffin pan.
Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups Recipe
- -1 ½ cups organic almond butter
- -4 Tbsp coconut oil
- -¾ cup cacao powder
- -½ cup cacao butter
- -2 Tbsp coconut oil
- -1 tsp vanilla extract
- -2 tsp raw unpasteurized honey depending on preferred sweetness
- -1 tsp coarse sea salt optional
- Line mini muffin pan with chlorine-free mini baking cups.
- For the bottom layer: Using a double boiler, combine the nut butter and coconut oil. Stir over medium – low heat until melted. Remove mixture from heat.
- Spoon the mixture into the bottom of the cups – fill each 3/4 full.
- Let harden in the freezer while preparing the top chocolate layer.
- For the top layer: Using a double boiler, combine all ingredients for the top layer. Stir over medium – low heat until the mixture is completely melted and smooth.
- Taste and adjust for preferred sweetness.
- Remove tray from the freezer and spoon chocolate mixture on top of the bottom layer, filling each cup.
- Place tray back in the freezer to harden the top layer, 20-30 minutes.