Looking for a strawberry recipe to make with your summer berries? This Strawberry Lemon Tarts Recipe is family friendly and delicious!
Hi Creative Friends!
Summer is my favorite season, not just because we have a TON of summer birthdays in my family (my own included) but also because I LOVE summer produce.
We are lucky enough to have a family owned farmers stand a 10 minute drive from our home. They grow their own produce, plus get produce from farmers all over BC brought in. The sell the most delicious strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, peaches, baby potatoes, corn and more. Yes, summer makes my tummy super happy!
In the past I’ve shared with you my love for berries and lemon (like in this blueberry lemon muffin recipe , this blueberry lemon scone recipe and this lemon raspberry breakfast cookie recipe).
Well today I’m sharing with you another favorite berry and lemon combo recipe– my favorite Strawberry Lemon Tarts Recipe. Let me tell you– Oh.My.Yum. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
This recipe is the perfect combination of sweet and tangy and you are going to love it!
You’ll be making this recipe on repeat all through strawberry season! Ready to learn how to make it? Read on!
Strawberry Lemon Tarts Recipe
Strawberry Lemon Tart Recipe
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- Juice and rind of 2 small lemons
- 2-3 strawberries sliced
- 9 to 10 frozen mini pie shells frozen
- In a medium-sized sauce pan, mix together eggs, sugar and butter over medium high heat. Stir until all ingredients are melted and are well-incorporated with each other.
- Add lemon juice and lemon rind. Stir. Lower heat to medium and whisk the ingredients consistently, for about 6-7 minutes, until a thick custard forms. Pour lemon custard into a bowl, covering it with plastic. Chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- While custard is chilling, slice strawberries and bake frozen pie shells according to package’s directions. Allow tart shells to cool completely.
- Once everything is chilled, fill up each pie shell with custard. Top off with a strawberry slice. Serve and enjoy!
Looking for more strawberry recipes?
Like our Strawberry Lemon Tarts Recipe? I’d love for you to pin it for later!
Tell me… When is your favorite time of year for food? What are some of your favorite strawberry recipes?
Leave a Reply