Have you made any New Year’s resolutions for 2014? I’ve never been one to make New Year’s resolutions. I’m the type of gal that sets goals for herself all year long and tries to achieve them. Something about setting a New Year’s resolution makes it seem doomed to failure in my eyes. That being said… this past year I’ve been taking yoga classes and one of my favorite yoga instructors has us set an intention for the weekend at the end of every Saturday morning class. I always have my intentions be one or two words that are a theme that I want to live by for the weekend.
Sometimes my word is “play” if I feel like my life has been too engrossed in work and I need to put it all aside and have a weekend of fun with my kids. Sometimes my words are “let it go” if I feel like I’m bringing a lot of baggage from work home with me that weekend. Sometimes my word is “friendship” if I want to spend time that weekend re-engaging with my friends.
With that in mind the Hubs and I have decided to set intentions for 2014 instead of setting New Year’s resolutions.
The Hub’s Intention:
At work, in life, with the kids… with me… the Hubs is going to try to not let the little things get to him and when he gets really frustrated take a deep breath and let it roll off of him.
It took me a few weeks to come up with this intention. I have so many goals for 2014.
- Sew Creative is about to turn 1 and I’d love to achieve big things in the upcoming year. (Do It!)
- I‘ve been at my day job for 6 years now and while I love it there are things that I would really like to do differently there. (Do It!)
- I have a ton of creative skills that I would like to learn and projects that I would like to create. (Do It!)
- I want to make The Hubs and my marriage even stronger, spend more time 1 on 1 with him and regain some of the romance that we have lost since we had kids. (Do It!)
- I want to leave my insecurities at the door, stop being shy and make tons of new connections in the blogging world. (Do It!)
- I want to continue going to the gym, get stronger and be the best me that I can be. (Do It!)
- I want to take more time to play with my kids and revel in their early childhood. (Do It!)
My mom has a saying that used while raising my sister and I– “Let nothing but fear stop you.” This year I’m not going to let anything stop me… not even fear. I’m going to Do It!
Have you set any New Years resolutions or intentions for 2014? Share your goals for 2014 here in the comments or on twitter. I’ve been so inspired reading other bloggers goals for 2014. I’d love to hear yours as well!