The perfect handmade gift idea for beer lovers! We’re showing you how to make a DIY Beer Flight Board using your Cricut Maker, Cricut Explore or Cricut Joy and some chalk paint and vinyl scraps! This is a fun and easy handmade gift idea for dad that takes just minutes to make! He will love it and use it over and over and over again! Perfect for Father’s Day, Christmas and birthdays!
Hi Crafty Friends! I’m back with a brand new Cricut craft and this one is perfect for Father’s Day! Today I’m sharing with you how to make a personalized DIY Beer Flight Board! It’s perfect for dad who loves beer whether that means having growlers filled at a local craft brewery or picking up a six pack at the corner liquor store!
When I go shopping I constantly have my eyes open for blanks that I can Cricut on. I’m always checking the clearance section, craft stores, dollar stores and the dollar spot at Target! I love that my Cricut can help me turn something ordinary into something extraordinary with a little bit of time, a whole lot of love and some creative personalization.
Target recently had beer flight boards available in their dollar spot section and they seemed like the perfect inexpensive blank that you could turn into a heartfelt gift for dad! If you missed them at Target, or you don’t have a Target near you, you can find similar flight boards on Amazon here.
Pair this handmade gift with a beer sampler from the liquor store, or some beer from Dad’s favorite craft brewery and you have a thoughtful, handmade gift that he is going to love!
Ready to learn how to make it? Read on!
DIY Beer Flight Board
Grab the free cut file to make this super fun project!
Enter your name and email address below and I’ll send the cut file immediately straight to your inbox. Accessing this free cut file will register you up for my e-newsletter and you’ll be notified when I release new free SVG files. Don’t worry if you are already subscribed to our enewsletter. You will only be subscribed once.
- This cut file is for personal use only. A commercial use license can be purchased here.
- This file can be used in part or in whole for your personal projects.
- Digital reselling, sharing, redistributing of the files is NOT allowed. If you would like to share, please direct friends to the original blog post where you found this cut file.
DIY Beer Flight Board
- Weeding tools and scraper
- Transfer Tape
- Cheers to Dad SVG (Find it above)
- Wood flight board (from the Dollar Spot at Target)
- Painters Tape
- Chalkboard paint
- Small glasses
- Tape off the bottom of the flight board with masking tape.
- Paint your flight board using chalkboard paint. Allow to dry completely, then remove the tape.
- Upload the Cheers to Dad SVG into Design Space. Select all the letters and weld them together, then resize the design to fit on your board, if needed.
- Place the black vinyl on the cutting mat and cut the design. Use a weeding tool to remove extra vinyl from around the words.
- Place a piece of transfer tape on top of the words and transfer the vinyl to the handle of the flight board.
- Place the small glasses on the board and use the chalk to write the type of beer in each glass.
What do you think? Isn’t this such a fun idea? I know a ton of dads who would love to receive this for Father’s Day!
Need supplies to make all your amazing Cricut creations? Click here for the best prices on Cricut cutting machines, bundles, iron-On, vinyl, cardstock and more!
If you like Cricut crafting, make sure you also check out:
- Cricut Basics section
- Cricut Crafts section
- Free SVG section
- Everything Cricut related from our site in one place
Tell me… Do you make handmade Father’s Day Gifts? What will you be making this year?
If you like our DIY Beer Flight Board I would love for you to pin it! It helps others discover our site which helps us bring you more awesome content like this!
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you check out our Cricut Crafts section! Here are some more ideas you may enjoy!
Um, could you please explain what a beer flight board IS, exactly? I have never heard of them.
I thought this was a cute idea, so for Father’s Day I made my Uncle a similar board. I cute out HFD for him in vinyl and wrote a saying of his with chalk markers and bought moonshine shots and tied them to the board since they had to travel a long distance to reach him. My Mom really loved the board when she seen it. I also made him some shot glasses that I cute different nicknames of his out and adhered to them with vinyl in different colors and fonts.