Tools and materials
- Drill/Screw gun
- #8 1 1/2 in. Decking screws (I bought a tub of 500 for $20 and used less than half of them)
- Saw (table, or circular, or hand)
- Measuring Tape
- Square, Steel or Combination
- Sander, random orbit sander or sanding blocks with 60-80 grit paper
- HomeRight Finish Max Fine Finish HVLP Sprayer
- Outdoor Wood Stain
- Safety tools: eye and ear protection, work gloves, particulate & paint respirator
- Odds, ends and optionals supplies: drop cloths, coveralls, stir sticks, cardboard, clamps, 5/64 drill bit, rags, plastic trays/cups/containers, marking tool/pencil, saw hoses, back saw, 6d nails, steel brush, latex gloves.
Tell me… Have you ever taken on a DIY project like this? Where do you do your planting? Do you have a potting table? I hope that you liked this DIY Dads post! Let me know what you would like to see me build next!
Disclosure: Thank you to HomeRight for working with us on this post. As with every post on Hello Creative Family, all thoughts and opinions are 100% our own.
Tammy @inRdream says
We have a beautiful reclaimed wood that my husband made me last year. We found the perfect red sink to plop in it. Here is a little peak at it: https://instagram.com/p/3o4WavyqeL/?taken-by=inrdream Yours looks beautiful, you will find it SO handy!
This bench looks so handy! I would love to have this for my backyard!
What a wonderful idea, my husband is very handy I bet he wodul love to do a project like this for me, I love gardening and this would be like a dream come true to have functional and so lovely!
I’m going to have to show this to my husband. I’d love this next summer in our new backyard! This would be great.
This potting table looks fab! I have just been given a load of old pallets that I’m slowly pulling apart, for use in our allotment. I can’t say I could make anything as good as this though!
Jonathan Key says
This is a really great idea! I really need to get more involved with this kind of thing.
Liz Mays says
You are so talented! I’m thoroughly impressed by how that came out!
Bonnie Way says
Looks cool! I love the way that it’s made from recycled wood. We had some 2x4s that we used for one project and then didn’t need anymore… they kicked around for a while before getting thrown out. They would have been perfect for something like this! Thanks for sharing your tips.
Oh, wow! I LOVE this!! I’m definitely sharing this with Hubby and will see if he gets the hint that I want him to build me this!! 😉
Anne Taylor says
I love this bench and would love to use it, but right now I’m a balcony gardener! Thanks for the idea!
I love seeing something that was trash being turned into something usable. Great job 🙂
I love this design, but I won’t be asking my hubby to make it, I love building things myself!
Great project! Can it be done with children?