Make a DIY Santa Snack Plate using your Cricut! This adorable project comes with a free SVG cut file along with step by step instructions and 8 more Cricut Christmas gift ideas from my crafty friends!
Hi Crafty Friends!
I’m so, so, so stinking excited for today’s post! I love Christmas. It gives me all the warm, fuzzy, happy feelings. I still have a ton of Halloween content that I’ll be bringing you throughout the rest of October, but we’re going to take a wee little break to bring you some awesome Christmas crafts– Cricut Christmas Crafts to be exact!
I paired up with 8 other incredible Cricut bloggers and we’ve each created a super fun craft project that you can make on your Cricut! Plus we’re making all of your Christmas crafting dreams come true with an AMAZING GIVEAWAY!!! We’re giving away a Cricut Joy Machine Bundle plus a copy of my new book– The Unofficial Book of Cricut Crafts! Read all the way to the end of the post to enter!
Christmas Crafting With Cricut!
Today I have a fun and easy project for you all that makes a great handmade gift! It’s perfect to give to families with young children, or to make for your own kids or grandkids! We’re making DIY Santa Snack Plates using our Cricut!
This project turned out so, stinking cute! I’m so excited! Put this plate out on Christmas Eve with Santa’s favorite beverage, your child’s favorite Christmas Cookies and a treat for Santa’s reindeer! I’m giving you the free cut file for making it too!
Enter your name and email address below and I’ll send the cut file immediately straight to your inbox. Accessing this free cut file will register you up for my e-newsletter and you’ll be notified when I release new free SVG files. Don’t worry if you are already subscribed to our enewsletter. You will only be subscribed once.
- This cut file is for personal use only. A commercial use license can be purchased here.
- This file can be used in part or in whole for your personal projects.
- Digital reselling, sharing, redistributing of the files is NOT allowed. If you would like to share, please direct friends to the original blog post where you found this cut file.
Read on for the instructions for how to make this fun DIY Santa Snack Plate!
DIY Santa Snack Plate Made With The Cricut
Make a special snack just for Santa with this adorable Santa Snack Plate cut file! Cut vinyl with your Cricut using our free cut file and apply it to a plate, a slate round or a wooden cutting board!
- Dear Santa Snack Plate SVG File (Fill out the form above and we'll send it straight to your inbox)
- Plate, cutting board or piece of slate
- Measuring tape
- Cricut Permanent Vinyl in your favorite Christmas colors
- Upload our Dear Santa Snack Plate Cut File to Cricut Design Space.
- Measure the surface that you will be putting your vinyl onto. Size the design accordingly. Click Make and cut your vinyl following the prompts on your screen.
- Weed each color of vinyl, removing the extra vinyl from around your design, leaving just the design behind on the white paper backing.
- Use transfer tape to transfer your design from the white paper backing to the snack plate. We suggest doing this one element at a time. Cut a piece of transfer tape slightly larger than the largest piece. Peel away the backing of the transfer tape and lay the tape on top of your design. Use your scraper tool to rub over top, making sure the vinyl sticks to the transfer tape. Slowly lift the transfer tape from the vinyl paper backing making sure the design is attached to the transfer tape. Lay the transfer tape where you would like the design on the transfer tape. Use your scraper tool again to rub over top of the transfer tape, making sure your vinyl sticks to your plate. Slowly lift away the transfer tape leaving your vinyl design behind.
- Leave your plate for 48 hours before washing to make sure that the vinyl cures. We recommend washing your plate by hand for the longevity of the vinyl design.
I just love how cute these snack plates turn out!
Ready to see all the amazing Cricut Christmas Crafts my talented friends made?
- Buffalo Plaid Earrings – Hey, Let’s Make Stuff
- Foiled Plant Art – The Country Chic Cottage
- How to Make a Customized Candle Gift – Lydi Out Loud
- Plant Lover Gift Idea – Lemon Thistle
- DIY Santa Snack Plate – Hello Creative Family
- Holiday Gift Tag Labels – Liz on Call
- Merry & Bright Infusible Ink Mug – Happiness is Homemade
- Baby it’s Cold Outside Scarf Girl – Paging Supermom
- Personalized Coasters with Infusible Ink – That’s What Che Said
Aren’t they all so cute? That’s what I love about the Cricut, the possibilities really are endless!
Need supplies to make all your amazing Cricut creations? Click here for the best prices on Cricut cutting machines, bundles, iron-On, vinyl, cardstock and more!
Now… who’s ready for a giveaway?!?! Tell me in the comments which one of these projects you want to try first, then enter below!Cricut Joy Christmas Giveaway
Tell me… Which of these projects do you want to try first? What are your favorite handmade Cricut gifts to give (or receive)?
If you like our DIY Santa Snack Plate I would love for you to pin it! It helps others discover our site, which helps us to continue to bring you awesome free content!
Looking for more DIY Gift Ideas? Make sure you check out our Handmade Gift Ideas section. Here are some more posts you might like too!