Learn to sew a bat stuffed animal with this simple sewing project! The perfect project for beginner sewers! Includes step by step photos and a free pattern. A fun little Halloween project!
Hi Crafty Friends!
I’m back today with another super cute bat craft that I know you are going to love!
A few weeks ago I shared with you this adorable Bat Puppet Craft that has a free printable template. In that post I told you about how much my kids LOVE bats, and I shared with you some of my daughter’s favorite bat facts.
Today I’m sharing with you another fun bat craft. This one is perfect for older kids! We’re going to be sewing a felt bat stuffed animal! It uses just a few simple supplies– felt, scissors, needle, thread, cotton batting and a free pattern that you can sign up to receive straight to your inbox!
Enter your name and email below and I’ll send this free printable straight to your inbox as an instant download!
- Please remember this printable is for personal use only.
- This file can be used in part or in whole for your personal projects.
- Digital reselling, sharing, redistributing of the files is NOT allowed. If you would like to share, please direct friends to the original blog post where you found this cut file.
Ready to learn how to make this adorable bat? Read on!
Learn To Sew- Bat Stuffed Animal Sewing Project
Need help with your hand stitching? Check out this guide of different types of stitches and how to do each of them!
- Printable template (Fill out form above to have it sent to your inbox!)
- Felt in your favorite bat colors (We used black, grey, white and pink.)
- Needle and thread
- Cotton batting
- Select black, grey (or any color of your choice for the bat and its wings), white and pink colored felt fabric for the bat plush. Trace the template patterns on the selected felt fabrics and cut them out.
- Trace the template patterns on the selected felt fabrics and cut them out using your scissors.
- Grab the round cutouts for the eyes. Place a black cutout (small circle) on the top of a white cutout; prepare a needle with white thread. Stitch a small dot on the black felt, making sure to stitch the white cutout along with it. Repeat with the second eye.
- Stitch the felt eyes onto one of the bat body pieces.
- Stitch the pink round cutouts on both cheeks onto the same bat body piece that you stitched the eyes onto. Stitch a mouth using black thread.
- Grab the other bat body piece and place it on a flat surface. Place the wings on both sides of the plain base, making sure to slightly overlap the wings onto the bat's body.
- Place the bat body with the eyes stitched onto it on the top of the plain one, making sure that the wings are positioned in the middle of both bases, on both sides. Prepare needle and thread to stitch around the side of the base pieces.
- Keep a small opening on one side (or the bottom) to stuff the bat plush. Stuff it with cotton batting.
- Finish sewing to close the bat.
- Enjoy your adorable felt plush bat!
I think this simple sewing project would be so much fun for teens and tweens who are just learning to sew! How about you?
Tell me… Who would you make this sweet little bat stuffie for?
If you like this sweet little bat stuffed animal sewing project, I’d love for you to pin it or share it on social media. It helps other people discover our site, which helps us continue to bring you fun, free content!
If you like this project, make sure you check out our sewing section as well as our Creative Kids section for more Hello Creative Family fun! Here are a few more projects that we think you might like!