This post and the photos within it may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
They’re creepy and they’re kookie, they’re all together spooky! Grab this easy Monster Mash Halloween Sugar Cookie Recipe for baking with kids! Perfect for classroom Halloween party snack ideas!
Hi crafty friends!
Today I have a super fun Halloween recipe that your kids will love. They are my Monster Mash Halloween Sugar Cookie and they are just as cute as can be.
I love these cookies. They remind me of if you found a cute little monster, rolled him up into a ball and then smushed him with your thumb.
They are fun to make with the whole family and perfect for Halloween classroom parties, or to eat as a special treat at home. Your kids are going to LOVE these yummy sugar cookies, they are SO MUCH FUN! I don’t know if they will have more fun making them, or eating them!
Looking for some more fun Halloween activity ideas? Make sure you check out this Halloween printable placemat (perfect for your kiddos to work on while the cookies bake), as well as our Halloween activities countdown calendar!
Family Friendly Fall Recipes
If you love recipes, make sure you check back regularly! We have some amazing recipes planned for this fall and winter that you won’t want to miss! Also make sure you join our recipe newsletter to hear from us when we publish something new!
Ready for our Easy Monster Mash Halloween Sugar Cookie Recipe? Read on!
Easy Monster Mash Halloween Sugar Cookie Recipe
Monster Mash Halloween Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 3 cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Halloween sprinkles
- Candy eyes
- Purple gel food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the butter, cream cheese, and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla, egg, and two to three drops of purple gel food coloring. Beat until well combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. A spoon may be needed to mix in the last of the flour if the dough is too thick for a mixer.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of dough from the bowl and roll into a ball. Dip the balls into the Halloween sprinkles, leaving the bottom free of sprinkles.
- Place each rolled cookie on the prepared baking sheet and press the balls down slightly with the bottom of a cup. Press candy eyes into the tops of the cookies.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, until the bottom of the cookies are beginning to brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for five minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely before serving.
These cookies are so festive, fun and delicious paired with a cold glass of your favorite kind of milk! Curl up on the couch, munch away and read this Halloween book which is one of my family’s favorites.
Tell me… Do you like making festive desserts for different holidays? Do you cook and bake with your kids?
If you like our Easy Monster Mash Halloween Sugar Cookie Recipe I would love for you to pin it! It helps others discover our recipe which helps us bring you more awesome content like this!
If you like this recipe, we think you might like these posts too!