Looking for a yummy Halloween treat idea that’s perfect for a class Halloween party snack idea? This No Bake Halloween Rice Crispy Treat is yummy, easy, delicious and oh so fun!
Hi crafty friends!
Halloween is just over a month away, and we’re getting into the Halloween spirit! Next month we are going to be bringing you 4 awesome Halloween costumes and recipes with our newest brand partner, Envirokids Cereal, but today I thought we’d give you a little prequel to the fun!
We’re making Rice Crispy Treat Eyeballs using Nature’s Path Crispy Rice Cereal! I don’t know what it is, but I have a major thing for rice crispy treats. Maybe it’s all of the ooey, gooey marshmallows, popping rice cereal and childhood nostalgia. If I see a tray of rice crispy treats I just can’t pass them up!
Today we’re putting a fun twist on this childhood favorite recipe and making rice crispy treat eyeballs! This recipe is SO MUCH FUN to make with kids! It is no bake, quick and easy and perfect for a classroom Halloween party snack idea!
Pop a bowl of these creepy eyeballs on the table at a Halloween party and the kids (and adults) will go crazy for them! So gather your ingredients and let’s get started! Read on for all the details on how to make this delicious, ghoulish treat!
Halloween Rice Crispy Eyeballs
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 cups Nature’s Path Crispy Rice Cereal or give your eyeballs a chocolate blast with Envirokidz Koala Crisps
- 2 oz. black rolling fondant
- 3 – 4 oz. white rolling fondant
- 1 cup green candy melts
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Gather together all of your ingredients. Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add miniature marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add rice cereal and fold until all ingredients are well combined.
- When cool enough to handle, roll the rice cereal mixture into small spheres, about 1 ½ – 2 inches in diameter. Place each one gently on the lined baking sheet. Allow to cool and set, about 30 minutes.
- As the rice cereal treats set, roll out each of the fondants separately, with a rolling pin, until they’re about ¼ of an inch thick.Use a Wilton #12 piping tip to cut out 12 circles from each fondant color. You will want the larger end of the piping tip for the white fondant and the smaller end for the black fondant.
- Press one black fondant circle onto the center of one white fondant circle.
- Add candy melts and coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, until completely melted (stir between each interval). Carefully add melted candy into a piping bag and cut a small slit at the end.
- Pipe out a circle on each rice cereal treat, about ½ an inch in diameter. Top with one fondant eye. Allow to set.
- Serve to your little ghouls for a fun and festive Halloween treat!
I hope that these Halloween Rice Crispy Treat Eyeballs will make your Halloween celebrations extra spook-tacular!
Tell me… What are your favorite Halloween traditions? Do you have any fall treats you make every year for your family?
Do you like this Halloween Rice Crispy Treat Eyeballs Recipe? I would love for you to pin it to help others discover it too!
Looking for more Halloween fun? May we suggest these awesome ideas?
These are adorable and will be a lot of fun to make with my family