Looking for the best chocolate peppermint pound cake recipe you’ve ever tasted? You’ve found it! Moist, delicious and full of flavor! Prepped in just 15 minutes! A chocolate lovers dream come true!
Hi Crafty Friends!
Does anyone else have a plethora of candy canes and Christmas candy left over this year? I have a TON of candy canes leftover, and while my kids enjoy eating them now, they probably will be tired of them before they are all finished.
Peppermint and chocolate is one of my very favorite flavor combinations, so leftover candy canes is a great excuse to make some Chocolate Peppermint Pound Cake!
This pound cake recipe is SO GOOD! It’s moist and delicious. I like making it in a loaf pan so that I can pretend that it’s a bread… because it’s totally ok to eat bread for breakfast, right?
Want to be in the loop on all the delicious recipes we share on Hello Creative Family? Make sure you sign up for our recipe newsletter!
Ready for the best pound cake recipe you’ve ever tasted? Read on!
The Best Peppermint Chocolate Pound Cake Recipe
For the Cake
- ¾ cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup Boiling water
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Butter room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup Sugar
- 5 Eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Peppermint extract
For the Topping
- 5 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup Powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon Peppermint extract
- 2-3 tablespoons Hot water
- 1/3 cup Crushed candy canes or peppermint candy
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a bread pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cocoa powder and chocolate chips. Add boiling water. Stir until well combined and the chocolate chips are melted. Set aside and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating between each addition.
- Mix in the chocolate mixture and peppermint extract until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture and beat to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bread pan and bake in the preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for five to 10 minutes, then remove from pan and allow to cool on a wire rack until completely cool.
- When the cake is cool, prepare the topping by melting the butter and cocoa powder in a small saucepan, stirring constantly. When the butter is melted and the chocolate is well combined, remove from heat and add the powdered sugar, peppermint extract, and one tablespoon of hot water. Stir to combine. Add more water as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Spread the mixture over the top of the cooled cake, then top with crushed peppermint candy.
- Enjoy this delicious dessert anytime you want a sweet treat!
Mmmmm… so stinking yummy! I hope you guys love this recipe as much as I do. These loaves make a great handmade gift all wrapped up in brown craft paper, tied with striped bakers twine and with a handmade gift tag attached! They are also perfect for entertaining!
Love peppermint and chocolate? Make sure you check out our Peppermint Hot Chocolate Bombs Recipe too!
Tell me… Do you have leftover Christmas candy? Do you love the combo of peppermint and chocolate like I do?
If you like our Peppermint Chocolate Pound Cake Recipe I would love for you to pin it! It helps others discover our site, which helps us to continue to bring you awesome free content!
If you like this post, make sure you check out our recipe section. Here are a few more posts you might like too!
This recipe looks delicious! Like the pound cake version of peppermint bark. 🙂
Yesterday, I cooked this recipe. It’s really delicious. Thank you!
Thank you for visiting Hello Creative Family and for taking the time to leave a comment! It means so much to me.
Denise M says
What a beautiful, festive looking dessert! Such a great way to incorporate the holidays and make it look pretty all at the same time.