This delicious pumpkin spice fall snack mix recipe is a yummy treat for kids (and adults) looking for a healthy snack. Vegan and nut free, this is a great classroom halloween party snack idea!
Disclosure: Thank you to EnviroKidz for working with us on this post. As with every article on Hello Creative Family, all thoughts and opinions are 100% our own.
Hi Crafty Friends!
I’m back today with another project that’s perfect for autumn and Halloween in partnership with my friends at EnviroKidz! Read all the way to the bottom of this post to enter to win a three month supply of Envirokidz Cereal!
I don’t know what it is about fall– Maybe it’s the cooler weather or the fact that my kids are outside so much right now enjoying the weather. My kids are constantly famished. I can’t tell you how many times I hear “I’m hungry! What can I eat?”
I wanted to create a delicious snack that they can easily grab for themselves. Something that is healthy, filled with fruit, has a hint of sweet and salty and has one of my favorite fall flavors– Pumpkin Spice!
Not only is this recipe delicious, it’s also nut free and perfect for school snacks or classroom Halloween parties!
Healthy Ingredients Parents Can Feel Good About
Each of the ingredients in this recipe were chosen with care:
- Amazon Flakes Cereal– All EnviroKidz cereals are Non GMO and Certified Organic. I love the shape of the Amazon Flakes for catching all the pumpkin spice goodness!
- Gorilla Munch Cereal– With four simple ingredients and no artificial colors or ingredients, this is a cereal I feel good about feeding my kids! I love the round shape of these for a snack mix!
- Cranberries, apples and apricots- Filled with fiber, nutrients and antioxidants. I also love the soft texture these sweet treats add to the crunchy mix.
- Pumpkin Seeds- Highly nutritious, packed with powerful antioxidants and a punch of protein. A great nut free alternative that gives a nutty flavor to this snack.
- Pretzels- A yummy way to add a bit of salty to this sweet snack mix! Who doesn’t love pretzels?
- Coconut Oil- Contains healthy fatty acids that provide quick energy to your body and brain. Coconut oil also helps the snack mix brown in the oven and acts as a great carrier to get that pumpkin spice covering every last morsel.
- Pumpkin Spice- The different spices in this warming spice blend have numerous benefits including controlling blood sugar levels.
- Dark Chocolate Covered Puffed Quinoa- Because who doesn’t love a bit of dark chocolate goodness?
Another thing that I love about this recipe is that it’s so easy to make. In fact, it’s so easy that even kids can make it (with adult supervision for the oven). It’s a great way to teach homeschool kids about measurements!
Ready to learn how to make our Pumpkin Spice Fall Snack Mix Recipe? Read on!
Pumpkin Spice Fall Snack Mix Recipe
- 2 cups Amazon Flakes Cereal
- 2 cups Gorilla Munch Cereal
- 1 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 cups Pretzels
- 1-2 tablespoons Pumpkin Spice (Try our DIY blend) To taste
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil Melted
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Dried Apple Rings
- 1/2 cup Dried Diced Apricots
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Covered Puffed Quinoa (Or your another favorite small, chocolate treat like semi sweet mini chocolate chips.)
- Preheat your oven to 275F.
- In a large bowl mix combine Amazon Flakes, Gorilla Munch, pumpkin seeds and pretzels.
- Sprinkle pumpkin spice on top then gently mix ingredients together.
- Drizzle melted coconut oil on top of cereal mix. Fold gently until ingredients are coated in coconut oil.
- Transfer cereal mix to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in oven for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- While your cereal mix is browning in the oven, use a pair of kitchen shears to cut your apple rings into small, bite sized pieces. Mix them together with your dried cranberries and dried apricots in a bowl.
- After your cereal mix has baked for 30 minutes and is lightly browned, gently stir in your dried fruit. Return to oven to cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove cereal mix from oven. Allow to cool. Once cool add dark chocolate quinoa puffs and mix. Your Pumpkin Spice Fall Snack Mix is ready to serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Like this recipe? Make sure you sign up for our recipe newsletter to keep up to date on all of the delicious food posts we share on Hello Creative Family!
Ready for an awesome giveaway?!?!?
My friends at EnviroKidz are giving one of my lucky readers a 3 month supply of cereal! The contest is open to residents of Canada and the United States. Visit the EnviroKidz website and comment below to let us know which cereal you’d want to try first! Enter to win in the rafflecopter box below.a Rafflecopter giveaway
Tell me… What is your child’s favorite EnviroKidz cereal? Have you ever used cereal in an ingredient in a recipe?
If you like our Pumpkin Spice Fall Snack Mix Recipe we would love for you to pin it for later! It helps others find our content, which helps us continue doing what we do!
Make sure you check out all of our EnviroKidz posts here: