Looking for a quick and easy costume idea? This 15 Minute No Sew Koala Halloween Costume is made using a hooded sweatshirt, felt and a glue gun! Includes a free template and an SVG file to cut with your Cricut or other electronic cutting machine!
Disclosure: Thank you to EnviroKidz for working with us on this post. As with every article on Hello Creative Family, all thoughts and opinions are 100% our own.
Hi crafty friends!
I’m so, so excited to be bringing you today’s post with my amazing new brand partner, EnviroKidz! (Read all the way to the end for an awesome giveaway!!!) My kids have loved EnviroKidz cereal since they were old enough to point to a cereal box at the grocery store. They were initially drawn to the cereal because of the adorable animals that are on the front of each box. I was happy to oblige and buy it for them when I learned that their cereal is organic, naturally colored with fruits and veggies and made with simple real ingredients. My animal loving heart also loved the fact that a portion of every sale goes back to help protect the animals featured on the boxes!
What I didn’t realize when I purchased Envirokidz cereal is that they are based out of the city where we live! How’s that for a small world?
Canadian Made Cereal With A Cause
My family and I are over the moon excited to be partnering with our favorite cereal to bring you 4 amazing Halloween craft and recipe ideas throughout the month of October!
When I asked Bean what her favorite EnviroKidz cereal was she said that it was too hard to pick just one! Two of her very favorites though are Panda Puffs (she’s a peanut butter lover) and Koala Crisp (give that girl all the chocolate!) Turtle loves them all too, but his very favorites are Koala Crisp and Choco Chimps.
Today we’re going to share a super easy, no sew project inspired by EnviroKidz Koala Crisp cereal. This project can be made in approximately 10-15 minutes (depending on how fast you can cut). All you need for it is a grey hoodie, felt, scissors and a glue gun!
I’m providing you with a free printable template that you can use to trace and cut each of the pieces. If you have an electronic cutting machine I also have a free SVG file that you can upload to your cutting machine software to have your cutting machine do the work for you!
Enter your name and email address below and I’ll send you both the printable template and the free SVG file straight to your inbox!
- This cut file is for personal use only. A commercial use license can be purchased here.
- This file can be used in part or in whole for your personal projects.
- Digital reselling, sharing, redistributing of the files is NOT allowed. If you would like to share, please direct friends to the original blog post where you found this cut file.
Easy No Sew Koala Halloween Costume From A Hooded Sweatshirt
- Grey Hooded Sweatshirt
- Template or SVG File
- Felt (We used grey, pink, black and white)
- Scissors or Electronic Cutting Machine
- Use our SVG file or template to cut each piece of the koala face out of felt. We used our Cricut Explore Air 2 and the Cricut Rotary Blade to cut the felt. While you are cutting your felt heat up your glue gun.
- Once your glue gun is heated apply each of the felt pieces to the hood of your hooded sweatshirt. I start with the nose, making sure it's aligned in the middle. Then I add the black parts of the eyes, then the white dots to the eyes.
- Next glue the koala's ears. I first glue the pink center of the ears to the larger grey part of the ears. Then I attach each ear to the hooded sweatshirt. I like to do this very carefully while someone is wearing the sweatshirt to get proper placement. This should only be done by an adult. Position the ear where you would like it and glue the grey rectangular tab to the top of the hood.
- Next, curl each side of the ear, near the bottom, and glue it to the hood. Repeat with the second ear.
- Let the glue cool and then your costume is ready to wear!
- I originally created my "No Sew Hoodie Costumes" as "one day wear" Halloween costumes, however my kids have now been wearing them regularly for over two years and they have held up great! Wash the hooded sweatshirt on a delicate cycle and keep an eye out for any areas where the hot glue is starting to lift. Re-glue as necessary. Happy Halloween!
This adorable Halloween costume is so easy to make, and I love that it can be worn all year long! Check back next week when we will be sharing a second Halloween costume inspired by EnviroKidz Choco Chimps Cereal!
Ready for an awesome giveaway?!?!?
My friends at EnviroKidz are giving one of my lucky readers a 3 month supply of cereal! The contest is open to residents of Canada and the United States. Visit the EnviroKidz website and comment below to let us know which cereal you’d want to try first! Enter to win in the rafflecopter box below.a Rafflecopter giveaway
Tell me… What is your child’s favorite EnviroKidz cereal? Will your kids be dressing up for Halloween this year?
If you like our Easy No Sew Koala Halloween Costume From A Hooded Sweatshirt we would love for you to pin it for later! It helps others find our content, which helps us continue doing what we do!
Here are some more Halloween themed posts we think you will love!