Looking for a DIY Lego Craft Idea? These DIY Lego Superhero Parachutes are fun and easy to make with supplies you already have at home! Make for Lego Star Wars, Minecraft and Superhero characters! Perfect for lego birthday parties!
Hi crafty friends!
I’m back with another super fun craft project and this one you can do with your kids! I don’t know about your kids… but mine are OBSESSED with Lego! Minecraft lego, Lego Friends, Lego Star Wars, Superhero Lego… they love it all!
Here are some of their favorite Lego books and sets that I bet your kids will love too! Click on each of the photos to get more information about them!
As much as they love building with Lego blocks, they also love using their imaginations and playing with their lego characters! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve found my son having imaginary conversations between his Superman lego, his Chewbacca Lego and his Steve and Alex Minecraft Lego. I think it’s pretty much the best thing ever when kids are using their imaginations and I love to foster that in any way possible.
Lego isn’t just for kids either! There are studies that show that Lego helps build structured thought for people of all ages!
Today I’m going to show you how to make a Lego parachute! Your kids can use this adorable lego craft to launch lego characters off their treehouse, off decks, from the top of a bunkbed or even just by throwing it up in the air!
They are so fun (and easy) to make. And this mama loves easy crafts, especially when it comes to crafting with kids!
Ready to learn how to make these DIY Lego Superhero Parachutes? Read on!
- Flatten the coffee filters and stack them on top of each other. The number of filters you use will depend on the number of Lego figures you have. You’ll need one coffee filter per Lego figure.
- Draw a design on only the top coffee filter using the markers.
- Dip the paint brush in water and paint the water over the marker to blend the colors together. Allow the coffee filters to dry completely, then separate the filters.
- Punch two holes in each side of each coffee filter. Cut two even pieces of string for each parachute. Each string should be around one foot long. Fold each string in half and thread each end through one hole on the side of the parachute. Repeat the process on the other side of the parachute.
- Tie each string to the Lego figure’s arm.
- To use the parachute, lightly toss the Lego figure into the air, making sure the parachute is open before you toss.
Just look how much fun they look coming floating down through the air! They are seriously SO MUCH FUN!!!
This would also be a great idea for lego crafts for a birthday party! Give each child a lego character as their party favor and make parachutes at the beginning of the party that you take outside to launch near the end of the party!
Tell me… Are your kids as into Lego as mine are? What are some of their favorite lego characters? Have you ever done lego crafts with them?
Like this lego craft idea? I’d love for you to pin it for later!
Like this project idea? Check out these ones too!
DIY Emoji Squishy Stress Balls Filled With Slime
Darren Scrubb says
Many kids are sure going to enjoy to own this craft for sure.