Make delicious old fashioned baked apple cider donuts in just 30 minutes with this quick and easy recipe! These soft, moist and tender cake donuts are coated in cinnamon and sugar and are the perfect fall hygge comfort food! Serve for breakfast, as a snack or for dessert! A family favorite!
Hi Crafty Friends! I’m sitting over here in denial that fall is quickly approaching. We are in our last couple of days before school starts up again and I am not ready for it at all! If you’ve spent much time around here, you might recall that fall is not my favorite season (I know, I know, please don’t come at me with pitchforks).
The biggest thing I dread about fall is the shorter days. I hate waking up in the dark and having it be dark before dinner each night. I find that it affects my mood so much. I’m finding I have an extra dose of dread going into this autumn season. I’m already starting to think about a few months from now when we go through the time change and our hours of daylight are so short.
To combat that dread, I am trying my best to think of all the things I enjoy about fall.
Fall Comfort Food
One of the things I do enjoy about fall is the autumn comfort food. I love using the crockpot during the fall, baking delicious desserts, spending time cooking a delicious Sunday supper and filling my home with the warmth from the oven and delicious smells and flavors.
Here’s a few of my favorite fall recipes:
One of our family’s fall traditions is going apple picking. We come home with about 50 pounds of apples, big jugs of fresh pressed apple cider and a huge variety of beautiful pumpkins to decorate our front entrance with.
It’s so much fun and is something my family looks forward to every single year. Apple picking season just opened at our favorite apple farm– Willow View Farm, so to celebrate today I’m bringing you a delicious recipe for baked apple cider donuts! Not only do they have the most delicious apples, they also have the best fresh pressed apple cider and their apple cider slushies are out of this world!
Have you ever made donuts at home? Apple cider donuts are my sister’s absolute favorite donut, she looks forward to them every single fall. If you love donuts too then I highly suggest getting yourself a donut pan. They make making homemade cake donuts at home a breeze! The recipe I’m sharing today takes less than 30 minutes to make, and they are SO GOOD. They are sure to become a family favorite!
30 MInute Apple Cider Donut Recipe
Ingredients For Donuts
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Ingredients for the Topping:
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and prepare two donut pans by spraying with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour the apple cider in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat. When the cider begins to simmer, reduce heat to low and cook until reduced by half, to around ½ cup.
- While the cider is simmering, combine the flour, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the milk, eggs, and vanilla and beat to combine.
- When the cider is reduced, remove from heat. Add the butter and stir until melted.
- Allow the cider mixture to cool slightly, then add it to the flour mixture. Beat until combined.
- Pipe the batter into the prepared donut pans and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly in the pan, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- To prepare the topping, mix together the powdered sugar and cinnamon in a large zip-top bag.
- Brush the donuts with the melted butter.
- Place one or two donuts in the bag. Close the bag and shake to coat the donuts with sugar.
- Your delicious baked apple cider donuts are ready to eat! Enjoy!
That’s it! Super easy right? It’s so delicious and you won’t believe the delicious aromas that fill your home! It’s seriously the best, most cozy autumn and winter smell!
Tell me… Have you ever made homemade donuts before?
Leave a Reply