This post and the photos within it may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Grab your crayons and pencils! We’re sharing 10 free alphabet printables including animal ABC Tracing Worksheets that kids can use to color and practice their letters! Perfect for preschool, elementary school, daycare and homeschooling! Other printables include alphabet bingo, alphabet scavenger hunt and alphabet coloring sheets!
Hi Crafty Friends! It’s the second Thursday of the month and you know what that means– It’s #TotallyFreePrintable Thursday!!!
This month our theme is the alphabet! This collection has something for everyone all the way from free printable alphabet worksheets for preschoolers and kindergarten kids, to alphabet games for elementary school aged kids, to beautiful thank you cards and bookmarks that adults will love!
Make sure you read all the way to the bottom of the post to see all of my friends’ printable pdf files!
Raising Animal Lovers
Animals are a very important part of my life. My family volunteers with Small Dog Rescue BC, and we are all huge animal lovers.
My daughter has been saying that she wants to be a zoologist when she grows up since she was a toddler. It might have something to do with the fact that she had animal murals that an artist friend and I painted on her bedroom walls before she was born, and that her formative years were spent being gazed upon by a friendly giraffe and a monkey hanging from a palm tree.
We also exposed both our kids to a wide variety of animals. For multiple birthdays we had a “critter guy” come to our house with tarantulas, water dragons, hedgehogs, bunnies and other tiny creatures.
My simple tips for raising animal lovers would be:
- Exposure: Expose your kids to a wide variety of animals from a young age. Make sure it’s a positive and safe experience for everyone involved. Never force a situation. If your child is scared, allow them to have space from the animal, watch from a distance and try again another day.
- Exhibit respect around animals: Like most things when it comes to parenting, kids mirror a lot of their parent’s behaviours. Teach your child and exhibit behaviours yourself that animals aren’t toys, that they deserve our utmost respect and that they have feelings, moods and behaviours just like people do.
- Teach your child about animal behaviour: Most of the people that I know who have a fear of animals relates to a negative experience when they were young. Chances are that these experiences weren’t the fault of the child or the animal but rather that they were placed in a situation together that they probably shouldn’t have been in. Verbalize to your child how they can tell when the neighbor’s kitty is enjoying pats and when they would rather be left alone. Point out the body language of a dog at a park and how you can tell by the tail, ears and stance if it wants to play or if it is aggressive or fearful. And finally teach your child that it’s never ok to touch or get too close to someone’s animal without the owner’s permission.
- Teach your child about animals: Spend time with your child learning about animals by reading animal books, watching TV shows about animals and participating in creative play about animals. Some ideas for creative play include playing vet, zookeeper, mommy and baby dog, and playing with toy animals. Surround your child with animal books, activity sheets and animal experiences and there is a good chance that you will raise an animal lover.
Animal Alphabet Tracing Pages
Speaking of animal worksheets– Today I’m sharing with you a complete set of Animal ABC Tracing Worksheets!
This adorable printable has a page for each of the alphabet letters. Each page features an animal who’s name begins with the at letter of the alphabet. For example, letter A has an alligator. Letter B has a bear. And letter C has a cat.
It shows both the lowercase letters and the uppercase letters and then spells out the animals name in small letters that the child can trace.
Additionally the animal has traceable dot markers, that help youngsters work on their fine motor skills and the images are perfect for coloring!
I love that this printable set includes alphabet writing practice and alphabet coloring pages all into one! It’s great for kids just learning their ABCs or for students who might need a bit of extra practice with their handwriting.
They are just such fun ABC worksheets! I know you will love them whether you are a daycare provider using them with your daycare students, a teacher using them in the classroom or a parent or guardian using them at home!
One fun way to use them would be to have a letter of the week, and work your way through each letter a-z.
Laminate Your Worksheets For Multiple Uses
I’ve had a number of my readers give me the hot tip that they laminate my printables and have their kids use them with dry erase markers. They wipe them down when they are done, stick them away in their collection and then pull all the laminated printables out whenever their kids need a fun activity to do!
Here are the supplies you need. Purchasing through our links, earns us a small commission to help support the site at no extra cost to you!
Free Printable Alphabet Tracing Worksheets
Want to grab these free letter tracing worksheets? To get this printable set straight to your inbox, enter your name and email address into the box below! Signing up for one of our free printables subscribes you to our enewsletter where we send you a ton of free stuff. Don’t worry if you’ve already signed up once, you’ll only be subscribed once per email address.
Please remember this printable is copyright of Hello Creative Family and is for personal use only.
- This file can be used in part or in whole for your personal projects.
- Digital reselling, sharing, redistributing of the files is NOT allowed. If you would like to share, please direct friends to the original blog post where you found this printable file
10 Free Alphabet Printables
Ready to see all the awesome printables my crafty friends made?
- Alphabet Thank You Card – Tried and True
- Letter Tracing Worksheet – Liz on Call
- ASL Alphabet Matching – Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Alphabet Bingo – Mad in Crafts
- Alphabet Coloring Cards with Flowers – 100 Directions
- Alphabet Mazes – Kara Creates
- Alphabet Coloring Pages – Everyday Party Magazine
- Alphabet Bookmarks – Crafting in the Rain
- Animal Alphabet Tracing Sheets (Enter name and email address in box above) – Hello Creative Family
- Alphabet Scavenger Hunt – Brooklyn Berry Designs
Aren’t they all so cute? Which will you download first?
Tell me… Which of these free printables will you download first?