This post and the photos within it may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
I know this isn’t an unique concept but… I love weekends. For my family and me weekends mean lazy mornings spent cuddling in bed, warm cups of tea cradled between hands, reading books, chatting about our week, sharing secrets, tickles, giggles and love… followed by a yummy brunch, usually consisting of pancakes or waffles.
A few months ago this all changed for 2 reasons.
1. The Hubs started working weekends (such a bummer) and though I consider myself quite skilled in the kitchen, mama just can’t master pancakes and whenever I try using the waffle maker a huge mess ensues.
2. I started a weight loss program and since have been eating a paleo/clean eating diet and the pancakes and waffles we used to eat just didn’t fit into that program.
Every weekend my kiddos have been asking mama to make waffles and every weekend I’ve been avoiding the situation making something else instead. I finally decided it was time to change all of that and work on developing a REALLY DELICIOUS paleo waffle recipe.
Around the same time as I made this decision I got my hands on a fabulous Breville No Mess Waffle Maker… and let me tell you friends… It lives up to it’s name! Not only does it make a perfect waffle EVERY SINGLE TIME, it’s also mess free! I don’t know how they do it! I think the bottom plate of the grill may be a bit deeper, and there is also a “moat” around the outer edge of the waffle maker for extra batter to spill into, where the excess batter cooks into waffle bits that can easily be brushed away. You can also set the “doneness” of your waffle and the waffle maker beeps to let you know that your waffle is done! Genius! A waffle maker that makes waffles that even I can’t screw up!
What I do know is that the Breville No Mess Waffle Maker has this mama making waffles, and my kiddos couldn’t be happier. They’re also over the moon about my new waffle recipe, and if it’s approved by them and approved by me, that means you’re going to love it too!
Read on for my drool worthy Paleo Coconut Waffle Recipe!
Back-To-Basics Paleo Coconut Waffle Recipe
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup nut milk
Step 1: In a medium to large bowl, mix together your dry ingredients. Set aside.
Step 2: In a small to medium bowl, mix together your wet ingredients.
Step 3: Pour your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients. Whisk together until the batter is smooth and you have no lumps. Set aside to thicken for 5 minutes.
Step 4: Use the batter to make waffles, following your waffle maker instructions.
This is a great Back-To-Basics recipe. Want to dress it up a bit? Here are some ideas!
- Add a bit of cocoa powder to your batter for chocolate coconut waffles.
- Fold some frozen blueberries into your batter for blueberry coconut waffles.
- Mash up strawberries, raspberries and blueberries and heat on medium heat until liquified and bubbly, pour on top of waffles for coconut waffles with a mixed berry syrup.
- Lay a slice or two of cooked bacon on top of the batter before you close the waffle maker for a coconut bacon waffles.
- Top with sliced bananas, honey and your favorite nut or seed butter for a waffle your little monkeys will go nuts over!
Exciting news waffle fans! Breville Canada is giving one of our lucky readers a Breville No Mess Waffle Maker!
The Waffle Maker That Knows the Correct Cooking Time
Good waffle batters start with sticky ingredients. How do you make crispy golden waffles without the mess ?
The wide wrap around moat catches and cooks overflow for easy cleanup.
Simply select your preferred color from light and fluffy to crispy golden brown and pour in the waffle batter – the waffle maker will do the rest.
Enter below and tell us… which variation of our Back-To-Basics Paleo Coconut Waffles would you try making on your Breville No Mess Waffle Maker?
Must have a Canadian shipping address to win.
Disclosure: Thank you to our good friends at Breville Canada for working with us on this post. All thoughts and opinions on this website are 100% our own.