Are you a Cricut newbie? If so you might be wondering “What is Cricut Access?” and “Is Cricut Access Worth The Price?”Get the 411 on Cricut Access, get our opinion on who needs it and if it’s worth the money!
I get asked by readers all the time is “What is Cricut Access and is it worth the price?” I’ve been using Cricut Access for the last 6 years so it seemed like high time that I sat down and did a post answering this question! Let’s dig right in!
What is Cricut Access?
Cricut Access is a subscription service offered by Cricut where members get access to over 100,000 images, cut files, projects and fonts that can be cut using the Cricut Maker, Cricut Explore Air 2 or Cricut Joy.
When you purchase a Cricut cutting machine you will be given a free trial for Cricut Access. I highly recommend taking advantage of that deal BUT if you are reading this before you buy a Cricut cutting machine I actually suggest subscribing before you order your machine! Why? Because Cricut gives their access members a 10% discount on purchases from Cricut.com.
Why sign up for Cricut Access before you buy a Cricut? The 10% discount for Cricut Access Members on Cricut.com means:
- If you are buying the Cricut Joy you will save a MINIMUM of $18 off your purchase (more if you buy a bundle).
- If you are buying a Cricut Explore Air 2 you will save a MINIMUM of $23 off your purchase (more if you buy a bundle).
- Purchasing the Cricut Maker? You’ll save a MINIMUM of $37 off your purchase (more if you buy a bundle).
- If you were to splurge and get the most expensive Cricut Maker bundle on the site you would save $50 off the price. That’s a lot of extra crafting supplies!
You can also unsubscribe to Cricut Access at any time, so even if you aren’t sure you want to keep it forever, if you are buying a machine from Cricut.com, sign up just for the discount and then you can unsubscribe if you don’t end up using it.
Need supplies to make all your amazing Cricut (or Silhouette) creations? Click here for the best prices on Cricut cutting machines, bundles, iron-On, vinyl, cardstock and more!
What does Cricut Access do for you? What are the perks?
- Unlimited access to over 400 fonts
- Unlimited access to over 100,000 premium, cut ready images
- Unlimited access to hundreds of ready to make projects
- 10% discount on all products purchased on Cricut.com including machines, supplies, tools, sale items and more!
- 10% discount on licensed fonts, images and ready to make projects from brands like Disney, Sesame, Anna Griffin, Lia Griffith, Hello Kitty and more.
- Priority member care line with 50% less wait time.
As a bonus Premium Members get:
- 50% off licensed fonts, images and ready to make projects
- Free economy shipping on orders over $50.
What kinds of cut files can you find in Cricut Access?
With over 100,000 images and hundreds of fonts, there is basically something for everyone. Whether you are a beginner crafter who wants projects laid out for you step-by-step or a more advanced crafter who wants to come up with their own designs, Cricut Access has tons of great options!
Ready to make projects:
Cricut has hundreds of ready to make projects all ready to go for you! Pick a category or use the search bar to search for the kinds of project you would like to make. Click on the project and a box will come up with what skill level the project is marked as, how long it takes to make, the materials you need, and instructions for how to make it.
Search by occasion, room of your house, material you would like to use, holiday, subject and more to come up with the perfect project!
Browse through Cricut’s collection of fonts to find just the right look for the project you are working on. Cricut has over 400 fonts to use with Cricut Access, so you’ll find a font to fit every style!
My favorite part of Cricut Access though has to be the image library. Cricut has over 100,000 images in Design Space and they add more every week. Images can be filtered down by Type, Art Type, Image Complexity, Layers, Ownership, Brand, Material and Language. You can also use the search bar to search specific words, or use the categories section to narrow images down by category.
I love browsing through the phrases section to find cute shirt design ideas.
My daughter loves searching the names of her favorite kinds of animals to find cut files.
Another thing that I love about Cricut Access is that if you find an image that you love the style of, you can click the information button (it’s the “i” inside the circle in the bottom right hand corner of the image box) and go to the collection that design is a part of.
How cute would these animal t-shirt designs be for planner stickers?
I also love using the Art Type Filter to pull out draw only images. I like to use them for Infusible Ink projects. If you have your Cricut draw these design on Laser Copy Paper using Infusible Ink pens, you (or your kids) can color them in (again with Infusible Ink Pens) and apply them to t-shirts! It’s such a fun project. Find out how to do it here.
Can I sell things that I make using Cricut Access cut files?
Yes! And no. Cricut has an amazing Angel Policy that allows individuals to create and sell craftwork items using their images. There are some limitation, for example you can’t use their licensed images on things that you want to sell, but the policy really is amazing and allows you to make pretty much anything you could ever imagine, without having to purchase a commercial use license. You can read Cricut’s entire Angel Policy here.
So is Cricut Access worth the price?
In my opinion, Cricut Access is definitely worth it, but I use my Cricut multiple times per week. Here are a few questions you might want to ask yourself to determine if it’s right for you too.
- Will you be buying a machine and/or crafting supplies from Cricut.com? If the answer to this question is yes, then I highly suggest signing up. The monthly fee will pay for itself with the discount you get and you can cancel anytime.
- Will you be selling items you make with your Cricut? If the answer to this question is yes, I would suggest subscribing to Cricut Access. Not having to worry about buying commercial use licenses for your designs is really handy and will save you tons of money.
- Are you a newbie Cricut crafter? If you are, then I would suggest signing up for at least a few months of Cricut Access. Having access to the Cricut Ready To Make projects is so nice for beginner Cricut crafters and will provide you with TONS of inspiration!
- Do you like crafting solo, or getting a bit of inspiration? If you like coming up with designs 100% from your head, then Cricut Access might not be for you. However if you like having access to lots of project ideas, images, cut files and TONS of inspiration then you will LOVE Cricut Access.
- How often do you plan on crafting with your Cricut? If you craft once every six months then Cricut Access probably isn’t for you. I’d suggest that you just purchase the images for projects individually. However if you are a weekly crafter or go on big monthly craft binges then having a membership to Cricut Access is probably a smart idea.
Still not sure if Cricut Access is right for you? I’d suggest signing up for a 1 month trial to give it a shot. See if you like it, how much you use it, and then cancel if it’s not a good fit… but I feel pretty confident you will love it just as much as I do!
Have more questions about Cricut Access? Pop them into the comments below and I’ll add them to this post!
Did this post help you decide if Cricut Access is worth the price? I’d love for you to pin it to help others discover it too!
New to Cricut? Make sure you check out our Cricut Basics section! Here are a few of our favorites to get you started!