For quite awhile, Crystal has been
bugging requesting for me to make a couch for our back deck– A love seat that we can put under cover in the winter (this would be awesome on a covered front porch), and in the sunshine in the summer. A place where she can take her laptop to write, where she can curl up to read a good book while sipping a cup of tea, a “home date night” destination where we can retire to once the kids have gone to bed with a pint of beer and a glass of wine.
DIY Outdoor Pallet Couch Design
Tools & Materials
- 6 Wooden pallets (look for the HT stamp which means they have been heat treated)
- #8 1 1/2 in. Decking screws (I suggest buying a 50 pack)
- Various L-shaped and corner brackets and mending plates
- Saw (table, circular, or hand)
- HomeRight Finish Max Fine Finish HVLP Sprayer.
- Outdoor Wood Stain
- Cushions (We recycled a set from our old patio furniture)
- Safety tools: eye and ear protection, work gloves, particulate & paint respirator
Things To Keep In Mind When Sourcing Pallets For DIY Projects
[instagram url= https://instagram.com/p/6sd4e9E5T1/?taken-by=hellocreativecrystal]
I hope you enjoyed this DIY Dads Project! Tell me… What would you like to see me create next?
Disclosure: Thank you to HomeRight for working with us on this project. As with all Hello Creative Family articles, all thoughts and opinions are 100% our own.
Looking for more upcycled wood projects? Check out these posts: