An adorable rescue dog inspired popsicle stick craft! Perfect for an easy preschool craft for Valentine’s Day! Includes free printable & Cricut Print and Cut File!
Hi Crafty Friends! We’re back today with a brand new, adorable craft that’s perfect for Valentine’s Day! It’s Puppy Love Popsicle Stick Crafts! It’s the perfect easy preschool craft. I think any PreK, kindergarten or primary school aged kids would have fun with it!
We’re giving you a free template that you can either print out and cut with scissors, or that you can upload to Cricut Design Space so that your cutting machine can do the work for you!
My kids are getting a bit older now, and I miss the days of them bringing holiday crafts home from school so much! They still love spending an afternoon working on crafts that take them back to their daycare days and crafting with “Auntie Karen” though.
Even though this project was thought of with Valentine’s Day in mind, I think it’s actually a cute kids craft project for anytime of the year!
Our Rescue Dog Story
My family fosters rescue dogs, so puppy love is always on our minds! We are currently fostering the sweetest two year old dog named Hope! She was a street dog who we don’t think ever had a home before. We’ve been teaching her how to be a good pet and it’s been such a rewarding project for my kids!
We also have two rescue dogs as pets, Mochi and Marley. Marley was originally our foster dog, but I knew the minute I met him that he was supposed to be mine. He’s two years old, such a smart dog, and the biggest cuddle bug in the whole wide world.
Mochi is my daughter’s emotional support dog. He has been so wonderful for her mental health and I love him so much for that. He’s 7 years old and starting to slow down a bit, but he loves being carried around, wrapped in blankets and his happy place is wherever B is. You can read Mochi’s adoption story here.
Rescue Dog Love
At the time that I am writing this, we have had 7 dogs as part of our family, either as foster dogs, a dog in need of a soft place to land or as members of our permanent family. I can’t tell you how rewarding it is to foster and/or adopt a rescue dog. Consider researching rescue groups in your area if you are thinking of adding a dog to your family.
Many people want puppies so that they can train them from the beginning. If that’s the case with you I highly suggest getting a young dog who is 1-3 years old from a rescue organization. Training a puppy is hard work and it can be hard to break those bad habits if you have formed them yourself. But when you rescue a young dog you are starting with a brand new, clean slate. They are the perfect age to really start learning and with a new owner that’s so easy to do! I’ve gotten so much enjoyment out of training Marley and now training Hope. I honestly think that Marley is probably better trained than he would be if I had him since he was a puppy.
I love chatting about dogs, so please let me know if you ever have any questions about rescuing, fostering, or dogs in general! And now, on to our craft!
Free Preschool Craft Printable Template
There are a couple of different options for making this adorable puppy popsicle stick craft.
- You can draw the hearts yourself and cut them out.
- Grab our free printable PDF template and cut using scissors.
- Download our Cricut Print and Cut file and cut using your Cricut.
If you are going with option 2 or 3 you will want to grab our free printable from below!
Want to grab this free printable? Enter your name and email address into the box below and we’ll send it straight to your email! Signing up for one of our free printables subscribes you to our enewsletter where we send you a ton of free stuff. Don’t worry if you’ve already signed up once, you’ll only be subscribed once per email address.
Please remember this printable is for personal use only.
- This file can be used in part or in whole for your personal projects.
- Digital reselling, sharing, redistributing of the files is NOT allowed. If you would like to share, please direct friends to the original blog post where you found this printable file
Make A Heart Dog Popsicle Stick Craft!
If Using A Cricut:
- Download printable by entering name and email address in box above. Load cardstock in the printer. Upload the PNG version in Design Space and select the print then cut option.
- Send the design to your printer, then place the printout on the cutting mat and load into the Cricut. Cut the design and remove it from the cutting mat. Proceed to Step 2 of instructions below.
- Cut the large heart in half.
- Lay the large popsicle sticks on a flat surface and glue the small stick to the back to hold them in place.
- Glue the two halves of the large heart to each side of the popsicle sticks to make ears.
- Turn the medium sized heart upside down and glue it to bottom of the popsicle sticks.
- Glue the small heart to the tip of the black heart as the dog’s nose.
- Glue two eyes between each ear.
- Use the marker to draw dots on each side of the nose.
- There you have it! An adorable dog popsicle stick craft!
And there you have it! Isn’t it so cute?
Need supplies to make all your amazing Cricut creations? Click here for the best prices on Cricut cutting machines, bundles, iron-On, vinyl, cardstock and more!
Tell me… have you ever adopted a rescue dog? Do you love adorable preschool crafts the way I do?