This post and the photos within it may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
I’ve been on a bit of a cleaning kick lately… let me assure you, this does not come naturally for me. However I’ve been cleaning countertops, tables, cupboard doors, windows, mirrors… even my yoga mat. The reason why I’ve been on such a cleaning kick is because I’ve finally found a natural, antibacterial cleaning spray that I love. The best news? I made it at home with ingredients around the house and as soon as I run out I can whip myself up another spray bottle of it! It smells good, it doesn’t give me headaches because it doesn’t contain harsh chemicals and it can be used on virtually any surface.
I always eye the yoga mat sprays at yoga studios. They smell so good, but a little bottle of it is quite expensive and I’d rather spend my money on extra yoga classes. I’ve been meaning to try making my own spray for ages and I finally got around to it. I love the result.
What you need:
- A spray bottle (we got ours at the dollar store)
- 1/4 cup white vinegar*
- 1/4 cup witch hazel*
- Lavender oil, or your favorite essential oil (Our lavender oil is from Escents)
- Tea Tree Oil (Our tea tree oil is from Escents)
- 2 1/2 cups water
*If you don’t have witch hazel you use 1/2 cup of white vinegar. If you don’t have white vinegar you can use 1/2 cup of witch hazel.
- Pour 1/4 cup white vinegar, 1/4 cup of witch hazel and 2 1/2 cups of water into your spray bottle.
- Add your lavender oil and tea tree oil. Every bottle seems to drip differently and everyone likes different strengths of scent. I used 25 drops of lavender oil and 5 drops of tea tree oil.
White vinegar and witch hazel are both known for their natural, anti-bacterial properties. Tea Tree oil is known for it’s anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral properties. If you require a spray that requires anti-fungal properties you may want to add extra tea tree oil.
PS. While we were shooting photos of our Antibacterial DIY Lavender Yoga Mat Spray we had a little visitor photo bomb our photo.
We hope that you enjoy our Antibacterial DIY Lavender Yoga Mat Spray and Countertop Cleaner.
Tell me… Do you DIY any of your home cleaning products?