Are you as crazy for adorable gnomes as we are? This popsicle stick kids craft is so cute! Make DIY gnome puppets! Switch up the colors and embellishment on the gnome to change it from a Valentine craft, to a St. Patrick’s Day craft to a Christmas craft and more! Comes with a free printable template.
Hi Crafty Friends! We’re back with another adorable kids craft that your creative kids are going to have so much fun with! We’re making DIY Popsicle Stick Gnome Puppets!
These adorable gnomes have little hearts on their hats and chest so they are super cute for Valentine’s Day, however you could easily embellish them with other shapes, colors and materials to make them for other seasons too! How cute would they be dressed in shades of green with little shamrocks on their hats and tummies for a St. Patrick’s Day Craft?!?! Or dressed up in red and green or blue and white for Christmas?
Printable Gnome Template
I’m sharing a printable template for these cute little gnomes! Just print it out, cut out the template pieces and then trace them onto your construction paper! Want to grab it?
Want to grab this free printable? Enter your name and email address into the box below and we’ll send it straight to your email! Signing up for one of our free printables subscribes you to our enewsletter where we send you a ton of free stuff. Don’t worry if you’ve already signed up once, you’ll only be subscribed once per email address.
Please remember this printable is for personal use only.
- This file can be used in part or in whole for your personal projects.
- Digital reselling, sharing, redistributing of the files is NOT allowed. If you would like to share, please direct friends to the original blog post where you found this printable file
Construction Paper Gnome Puppets
- Construction paper in your favorite colors
- Craft glue
- Popsicle sticks
- Print out the Gnome Puppet Template using the download box above. Select colors of construction paper for each template piece. The template includes hat, body, nose, beard, braids and heart shapes. Trace the template pieces on construction paper and then cut each one out.
- For the male gnome, glue the nose near the top of the beard piece along the straight edge. For the female gnome, glue the nose near the top of the body piece.
- Glue the beard on the top side of the body piece selected for the male gnome. Stick the braid pieces on both sides of the body piece selected for the female gnome.
- Glue the small heart pieces onto the paper hats.
- Glue the paper hats onto the top of the gnomes' bodies, slightly overlapping the nose on the top side.
- Attach the paper gnomes on popsicle sticks to complete the craft. Optional add an extra heart on the gnomes' tummies.
Aren’t they the cutest? My elementary school mascot was the Geneva Gnomes so I just love these little guys!
Looking for more kids craft ideas? Make sure you check out our Creative Kids section! If you liked these Gnome puppets, here are a few more ideas you might enjoy!
Tell me… what holidays would you make these adorable gnome puppets for?