This post and the photos within it may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Make a DIY Rudolph Reindeer Puppet in this festive Christmas craft for kids! Includes a free printable template for Christmas crafting fun! Have a family Christmas puppet show!
Hi Crafty Friends!
Happy Christmas week! Where oh where has December gone? My kids are so excited to officially be on Christmas break… but this mama has still got a ton of work (and life) things to get done before Christmas!
When I tell people that I own a website called Hello Creative Family, a lot of people say to me “Oh, I bet that you craft with your kids all the time.” The truth is, I’m a big fan of providing my kids with all the supplies they need to be crafty and then letting them do it themselves. There is nothing that I enjoy more than working on a creative project, while my kids work on their own creative projects alongside me.
I find that when I craft with my kids, I tend to take over (perfectionist much?) So instead, I’ve created a maker space for my kids filled with paper, pens, glue, tape, and a ton of odds and ends (you can find my Maker Space list here). I make suggestions of ideas of things they could make and then they go off and create. Sometimes what they make looks like something I showed them, and other times it looks 100% their own.
This is something I learned from my parents. I grew up watching them pursuing their own creative passions, while my sister and I pursued our own. It’s a great way to grow up.
DIY Rudolph Puppet
Today I’m sharing a free printable for making a Rudolph Reindeer Puppet. It’s a fun little Christmas craft for kids. Depending on their age they may need some assistance, or they might be able to do it 100% on their own.
I have a free printable template that you can print out and use for this craft, or your littles can draw their own reindeer pieces.
Want to grab this free printable? Enter your name and email address into the box below and we’ll send it straight to your email! Signing up for one of our free printables subscribes you to our enewsletter where we send you a ton of free stuff. Don’t worry if you’ve already signed up once, you’ll only be subscribed once per email address.
Please remember this printable is for personal use only.
- This file can be used in part or in whole for your personal projects.
- Digital reselling, sharing, redistributing of the files is NOT allowed. If you would like to share, please direct friends to the original blog post where you found this printable file
Ready to learn how to make this adorable DIY Rudolph Reindeer Puppet? Read on!
Rudolph Reindeer Puppet- Kids Christmas Craft With Free Printable
- Construction paper in the colors you would like to use for your reindeer
- Craft glue
- Popsicle sticks
- Printable template
- Trace the patterns from the provided template onto different colors of construction paper then cut them out.
- Using glue, attach the antler pieces on the top side of the head piece. Stick the round belly piece onto the middle of the body pattern. Stick the nose (small red cutout) on the medium oval shaped cutout. Stick the bell pattern in the middle of the curved strip (collar).
- Stick the oval shaped cutout (with the nose) near the bottom side of the head pattern.
- Stick the small strips that are the reindeer's hooves onto the end of it's legs .
- Use a black sharpie to draw the eyes and mouth onto the reindeer. Attach the collar piece onto the reindeer's neck and the center of the ears to the reindeer's ears.
- Stick the reindeer's head onto it's body.
- Attach the reindeer to the end of a popsicle stick to complete the puppet.
- Have a puppet show using this adorable kid's Christmas craft!
I hope this DIY Reindeer Puppet brings your kids lots of Christmas crafting fun!
Tell me… Do you enjoy crafting with your kids, or do you prefer to give them projects to work on and let them do it on their own?
If you like our DIY Rudolph Puppet I would love for you to pin it! It helps others discover our site, which helps us to continue to bring you awesome free content!
Looking for more Christmas crafting inspiration? Check out our Holidays section, as well as our Creative Kids section! Here are some ideas you might like!