Get in the holiday spirit with some Christmas baking with kids! Use this Chocolate Reindeer Cookie Recipe to make Rudolph cookies to leave for Santa Claus!
Hi Crafty Friends,
Winter break is here, and this mama always has her eyes peeled for fun, holiday activities that the kids can do with low, to no parental supervision. I love giving my kids all the tools that they need to be creative and then letting them go to it! That’s exactly what we are going to do with today’s recipe.
Depending on the age of your kids and their kitchen abilities you have three options:
- Older kid- Let them do this project start to finish, all on their own.
- Middle aged kids- Help with the oven, and but let them put the cookies on the cookie sheet, and decorate themselves.
- Younger kids- Make the cookies ahead of time. Let them decorate the cookies with a bit of parental supervision.
Cookies for Santa
These cookies are PERFECT for putting out for Santa on Christmas Eve. He and his reindeer will love them. Need something to put them on? Whip up one of these adorable Santa Snack Plates using our free SVG file!
Ready to learn how to make these Chocolate Reindeer Cookies? Read on!
Chocolate Reindeer Cookies Recipe
- 1 package premade sugar cookie dough prepared according to package instructions
- 1 jar premade chocolate icing
- 48 candy eyes
- 24 red chocolate candies
- 48 mini pretzels
- Prepare the cookies according to package instructions and then set aside to cool.
- Once cooled completely, spread an even layer of chocolate icing over the top of each cookie.
- Place two candy eyes in the center of the cookie.
- Put one red chocolate candy directly below the eyes.
- Place two mini pretzels at the top of the cookies to form the reindeer’s antlers.
- Serve chocolate reindeer cookies and enjoy! Make sure you save some for Santa!
Aren’t they adorable? They are so much fun to make! Here are a couple more Christmas Recipes you might have fun making with your kids!
Tell me… Do you enjoy baking with your kids? What kind of cookies will you be leaving out for Santa this year?