In this adorable kids Christmas craft you’ll learn how to make a DIY Lego Christmas Tree Ornament! Includes easy step-by-step instructions and photos! A Christmas craft the whole family will love!
Hi Crafty Friends!
I’m back with a brand new DIY that your Lego loving kiddos are going to adore! Do you have a Lego loving kid? My 8 year old is pretty much obsessed. He asks for a Lego advent calendar each year, has wish lists for birthdays and Christmas comprised entirely of Lego, and would be happy making Lego creations ALL DAY LONG!
Know what else would make him super happy? Having a Christmas tree filled entirely with Lego Christmas ornaments! We’re going to compromise though, and just have a couple of Lego ornaments adorning our tree.
This DIY Lego Ornament is super fun to make, and it’s just as cute as can be. Have your kids make them as Christmas gifts, or surprise a Lego loving kid with all the pieces they need, along with a printout of the below instructions on how to make one of their own!
Ready to learn how to make a DIY Lego Christmas Tree Ornament? Read on!
DIY Lego Christmas Tree Ornament
- 2 2X2 brown bricks
- 1 2X4 brown brick
- 5 2X2 green bricks
- 3 2×3 green bricks
- 4 2×4 green bricks
- 5 1×2 green bricks
- 2 1×4 green bricks
- 1 1×1 yellow brick
- 1 2×2 green jumper plate
- 13 round 1×1 plates various colors
- Collect all of your Lego pieces.
- Make the trunk by stacking 2 2×2 brown bricks with one 2×4 brown brick on top.
- Add one 2×2 green brick to the center of the trunk and two 2×4 green bricks on each side.
- Place one 2×4 green brick in the center of the stack, then one 1×4 green brick on each end lengthwise. Finish the row with one 1×2 green brick on each end.
- Place two 2×3 green bricks on the next row.
- Make the next row with one 2×3 green brick, one 1×2 green brick, and one 2×2 green brick.
- Add one 2×4 green brick lengthwise in the center of the next row and one 1×2 green brick on each side of the larger brick.
- The next row is two 2×2 green bricks.
- Top with one 2×2 green brick, one green jumper plate, one 1×1 yellow brick, and one 1×1 yellow round plate.
- Decorate each end of the bricks with remaining 1×1 colored plates.
- Create a loop with a piece of string and glue it to the back of the Christmas tree to hang.
- Enjoy your adorable Lego Christmas Tree Ornament
Aren’t they adorable? They are such a fun little craft for kids to work on over Christmas break! I love the idea of giving kids all the pieces they need to make this inside a clear plastic ornament along with the instructions and using it as a stocking stuffer too!
Tell me… Do your kids love Lego? Have you ever made a Lego Christmas ornament before?
If you like our DIY Lego Christmas Tree Ornament I would love for you to pin it! It helps others discover our content which helps us bring you more awesome content like this!
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you check out our Creative Kids section. Here are some fun Christmas crafts and recipes you may enjoy!