Throughout the day today I’m sharing with you not one, not two, but three kid’s tshirt designs that Bean and I created this week using our Cricut Explore! Did you catch our first shirt design, Unicorn Wishes and Butterfly Kisses? My girlie girl loves wearing clothes that mommy makes for her, and even more than that she loves to get involved in with the fun and help me design the shirts.
If you have a Cricut Explore, creating customized shirts is a breeze, in fact, I even made DIY superhero shirts as party favors for Turtle’s superhero themed birthday last year! Designing shirts are one of Bean and my favorite Mommy-Daughter craft projects to do together. Earlier this week we had a Trendy Tshirts challenge and created 3 shirts in one day and then had a fashion photo shoot to capture the results.
Every year, The Hubs and I take the kids to an Christmas craft fair called Circle Craft. We let the kids pick one handmade item from the craft fair that they would like to receive for Christmas that year. A few years ago Bean picked out a dreamcatcher as her gift. She hung it by her bed and ever since she’s been obsessed. Every time she sees a dreamcatcher she points it out, talks about her own and the man who we bought it from.
When Cricut gave me early access to their new Trendy Tshirts cartridge that will be coming out in a few weeks, I was really excited to see a dreamcatcher image. When I asked Bean which image she wanted on her shirt, she immediately picked the dreamcatcher.
Together we brainstormed a few different quote ideas, to put on the shirt. Bean’s favorite was the simple words “Day Dreamer”.
Turtle couldn’t resist jumping in for some fun while we were doing our photo shoot! This boy is a constant source of amusement in my life!
Read on for instructions on how to make your very own DIY Dreamcatcher Shirt with the quote “Day Dreamer”.
This is a special “sneak peek” of the Trendy TShirts cartridge from Cricut. The cartridge will be released in the next few weeks, so make sure you keep your eyes peeled for it. The dreamcatcher on this shirt is part of the cartridge, but if the cartridge isn’t available yet you can use another dreamcatcher image from Cricut Access.
DIY Dreamcatcher Shirt With Day Dreamer Quote
- Cricut Explore
- Standard Grip Cutting Mat
- Iron On Light or Iron On Glitter
1. Search Cricut Access for “dreamcatcher”. The dreamcatcher I used is part of the Trendy Tshirts cartridge and will be released in a few weeks. To find it click insert image, click cartridges and search “Trendy”.
2. Using the Add Text button type “Day Dreamer” in the text box. I left justified my text. The font that I used for this shirt is Easton.
3. Size your image and text so it fits on your shirt
4. Click Go, click the Mirror Image Box, and then cut using your favorite Iron On Light or Iron On Glitter . We used Glitter Royal for the dream catcher and Glitter Gold for the words. The dreamcatcher has a lot of intricate detail in it, so I cut the dreamcatcher out using the setting between vinyl and iron on and had the machine cut it twice so that the cut was deep enough but didn’t tear.
5. Iron on shirt following instructions on the Iron On Glitter packaging.
Easy peasy lemon squeezy!
Make sure you check out our other Trendy Tshirt designs that we are sharing today. I’ll update this post once the last shirt is shared.
DIY Unicorn Wishes and Butterfly Kisses Shirt
DIY Day Dreamer Shirt Made On The Cricut Explore
Make sure to check out all of our Cricut Projects here.
Like this shirt? Check out these ones!
DIY Superhero Shirts Made on the Cricut Explore
BBQ Shirts Made on the Cricut Explore
Hipster Rudolph Shirt Made On The Cricut Explore
Camp Cutie Patootie Shirt Made on the Cricut Explore
Tell me… Do your kids wear any handmade clothes? What’s their favorite piece of handmade clothing?
Disclosure: Thank you to Cricut for working with us on this project. As with all articles on Hello Creative Family, all thoughts and opinions are 100% our own.
I don’t actually have a Cricut so can’t make these but I scrolled down the whole page just becasue your kids are so adorable! They look like they love having their own special unique t shirts, and why wouldn’t they, they all look great.
Thank you so much Julie! You are so sweet. 🙂
Amanda @ The Kolb Corner says
All of your shirts are adorable and your kids are just too cute! Thank you for sharing at Merry Monday!
Victoria Ess says
These are all so adorable!