If you’ve been reading the site for awhile, you’re probably well aware that I’m OBSESSED with my Cricut Explore. It would probably be the one thing I took with me if I was trapped on a desert island… provided that the deserted island had a power source. 😉 What you may not know is that my very favorite thing to make on my Cricut is shirts. This probably can be linked back to my days of selling appliqued shirts on Etsy.
I’m constantly keeping my eyes peeled at children’s stores for when blank shirts go on sale and buying them up. I love dressing my kids in one of a kind clothing that mama made. The Hubs even seems to enjoy my shirt designs and proudly wears them on weekends and even to work.
For Turtle’s last birthday he had a superhero themed birthday. For the party favors I made everyone a DIY superhero shirt. The boy’s shirts had a Batman, Superman, Spiderman or Thor symbol and the girl’s shirts had Cat Woman. Here’s Turtle with two of his best buds at his birthday party wearing their shirts.
Shortly after, one of the mamas from the party told me she wanted a superhero shirt of her own, so a group of us got together for a Crafty Cricut Girl’s Night and made our own Super Girl shirts!
Today I thought I’d share with you how easy it is to make your own DIY Superhero Shirts using the Cricut Explore. I should stress that these shirts are for personal use only (aka you can’t sell them) since they use licensed images.
Read on to learn how to make your own DIY Superhero Shirts made with the Cricut Explore.
DIY Superhero Shirts made with the Cricut Explore
1. Using google image search, search for your favorite superhero emblem. It will be easiest if the emblem is solid black and white. I usually type something like “batman emblem silhouette” to find a good black and white version.
2. Upload your image to Cricut’s Design Space Library.
3. Size your image so it fits on your shirt
4. Click Go, click the Mirror Image Box, and then cut using your favorite iron on vinyl.
5. Iron on shirt following iron on light instructions.
Easy peasy lemon squeezy!