Looking for a fun mermaid craft with kids? Use our Free Sparkle Mermaid Bookmark Printable and easy step by step instructions for some easy crafting fun!
Hi Crafty Friends!
Today I’m back with another free printable for all of you! This project is a super fun one to do with your creative kids! I hope that you (and they) like it!
I’ve always been a girly girl. I love sparkles, rainbows, unicorns and other mythical creatures. I even wrote a book called Caticorn Crafts… so you know I have fun making magical DIYs!
I also love the water. My zodiac sign is Cancer, and I’m truly happiest near the beach. I don’t care if it’s a lake, ocean, river or pond (in a pinch)… just make sure that I’m never more than 20 minutes away from a body of water.
Mermaids are kind of the perfect marriage between my love of the water, and love for all things glittery and rainbow– And a mermaid craft project… well that’s just a marriage made in heaven!
This Sparkle Mermaid Bookmark project is super fun to make. You can make it as simple or as bedazzled as you would like! If you want, this project can be as simple as printing, cutting and gluing it together! Or you can add a bit of bling and customize it by adding glitter paint, glitter mod podge– heck you could even add sequins and gemstones!
Enter your name and email below and I’ll send this free printable straight to your inbox as an instant download!
- Please remember this printable is for personal use only.
- This file can be used in part or in whole for your personal projects.
- Digital reselling, sharing, redistributing of the files is NOT allowed. If you would like to share, please direct friends to the original blog post where you found this cut file.
Ready to learn how to make this Sparkle Mermaid Bookmark Printable? Read on!
Sparkle Mermaid Bookmark Printable
- Print the Sparkle Mermaid Bookmark Printable and gather your materials.
- Cut out each piece of the mermaid printable using scissors.
- Fold the tab on the top of the mermaids head backwards, along the dotted line.
- Glue the back part of the mermaids hair onto the folded tab making sure the colored side is facing front when it is folded, so that when you look at the mermaid's face you see the colored side of her hair. This will be your page clip
- Glue the mermaid's bangs to the front of her head.
- Glue the mermaid tail scales onto the front of her tail.
- Glue the remaining ocean embellishments to the front of the mermaid including the seahorse, starfish and fish. Allow glue to dry.
- Now you could be done here… or you could have some fun decorating her! Grab your paint brush and some glitter paint and paint different areas of your mermaid. Allow to dry.
- For added glitter fun, add a thin layer of glitter mod podge to the front of your mermaid. Allow to dry.
- Once dry put your mermaid bookmark in your book! You can clip her long, flowing, glittery hair over the page…
- … Or just place her in your book to mark the page. Enjoy!
This sweet little mermaid bookmark certainly is as cute as can be! I hope you and your creative kids have a ton of fun making it!
Tell me… Do you love rainbows, glitter and magical creatures? What kind of kids crafts and printables would you like to see in the future?
If you like my Sparkle Mermaid Bookmark Printable I would love for you to pin it to help other people discover it too!
Love mermaids and reading? Check out our printables section and you might like these too: