This post and the photos within it may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Capture those summertime dessert feelings all year long with this delicious, stuffed cotton candy cupcakes recipe! This yummy dessert is quick and easy to make using a boxed cake mix, but the decorations take it over the top giving it a super fun carnival twist! A fun dessert idea for birthday parties and baby showers!
Hi Crafty Friends,
I love the summer. For me, summer is full of all kinds of nostalgia from my childhood.
Hiking through the forest and camping by the lake– summer!
Swimming in an outdoor pool and the smell of chlorine in my hair– summer!
Carnival music, ferris wheels and the smell of cotton candy, popcorn and mini donuts in the air– summer!
Today I’m sharing with a fun recipe idea that has some serious summertime carnival vibes going on with it! My family has a ton of summer birthdays which means we eat a bunch of yummy desserts over the summer months. My kids, husband and I all have birthdays in June, July and August. One of our birthday traditions in our family is that the birthday boy or girl gets to pick their favorite sweet treat for me to make for them for their birthday dessert.
My kids love this stuffed cotton candy cupcake recipe because they say it’s like a dessert, topped with another dessert!
This recipe is so easy for busy families. I use a boxed strawberry cake mix for this recipe so that it’s quick and easy to make, and the kids love to help with decorating. Depending on how savvy you are in the kitchen they should take about 10-20 minutes of active prep time/decorating time to make!
Ready to learn how to make them? Read on!
Stuffed Cotton Candy Cupcakes Recipe
Grab Your Supplies And Support Our Site:
Stuffed Cotton Candy Cupcakes
- 1 box strawberry cake mix prepared
- 1 package pink cotton candy
- 2 jars white icing
- Pink food coloring
- Paper straws
- Prepare cake mix according to package instructions to make 24 cupcakes.
- Once the cupcakes are cooled completely, use a knife to cut out the center of each cupcake, making sure not to cut through to the bottom.
- Fill each hole with cotton candy.
- In a large bowl, combine the white icing and pink food coloring. Stir until the desired color is reached.
- Pipe the icing on top of the cupcakes.
- Form a ball with a small amount of cotton candy and place the ball on top of a paper straw. Place the straw in the cupcake. Continue this process until all the cupcakes are decorated.
If you like this recipe, make sure you check out our sweet treats section! Looking for some more fun birthday ideas? We think you might like these:
Tell me… Does your family have any birthday traditions? Share them in the comments!