Get ready for a simple and easy birthday dessert idea that packs a ton of pizzaz with this birthday meringue cookies recipe! These beautiful white peaked meringues are dipped in white chocolate and covered in rainbow sprinkles for a fun and festive sweet birthday treat! This recipe uses just 5 ingredients and are just as cute as can be!
Hi Crafty Friends! Summer is birthday season here in the Hello Creative Family household. All four (human) members of our family have summer birthdays– 1 in June, 1 in July and 2 in August. In fact, even one of our dogs has an August birthday.
There are a ton of summer birthdays in my extended family as well, so it’s always a really busy time for us. We like to celebrate and make the day extra special in my family. That means a homemade birthday cake, dinner of the birthday person’s choice, fun activities catered to the birthday person’s interests and of course lots of delicious snacks and treats like birthday meringue cookies!
In celebration of birthday summer, I thought I’d share with you a quick and easy birthday dessert that has a fun and festive feeling– my easy sprinkles birthday meringue recipe! These beautiful white peaks are dipped in white chocolate and then covered in rainbow sprinkles giving them tons of birthday pizzaz!
Ready to grab this recipe? Read on!
Easy Sprinkle Birthday Meringue Cookies Recipe
Grab your supplies and support our site!
- Gather your ingredients. Preheat oven to 200 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together egg whites and cream of tartar on low speed.
- Slowly add granulated sugar and increase mixer to its highest speed. Continue to mix, for about 10 minutes, until the mixture turns white and forms semi-stiff peaks.
- Scoop the egg and sugar mixture into a piping bag with Wilton tip #21 attached. Pipe out meringue mounds on the lined baking sheet, about 1 ½ inches in diameter and 1 inch in height. Bake for 2 hours. Once 2 hours is up, turn off the heat but keep the meringue cookies in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove the pan of meringue cookies and allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Place white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, mixing between each interval, until the chips are completed melted.
- Dip the bottom of each meringue cookie into the melted chocolate, then dip into the sprinkles.
- Refrigerate and allow to set for at least 20 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
DIY Birthday Ideas
Looking for more birthday ideas? Don’t you worry! I’ve got you covered! Check out this DIY birthday fun! Click on the photos to be brought to the post.
Tell me… What are your family’s birthday traditions?
If you like our Birthday Meringue Cookie Recipe I would love for you to pin it! It helps others discover our recipe which helps us bring you more awesome content like this!
If you like this post, make sure you check out our recipe section too! Here are a few more ideas you might like!