This post and the photos within it may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Oh. My. Yum! Get ready for all the flavors of summer with this delicious Strawberry Lemonade Sorbet Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe! Delicious and easy to make, this recipe uses Sweet Amsterdam lemon bar stroopwafel cookies as the sandwich and homemade sorbet using sweet summer strawberries as the filling! A delicious dessert idea that the whole family will love!
Disclosure: Thank you so Sweet Amsterdam for working with us on this post and giveaway. As with all articles on Hello Creative Family all thoughts and opinions are 100% our own.
Hi Crafty Friends! My very favorite thing about summer has to be all the fresh, local produce! We have a farmer’s stand that we shop at every single summer. I love shopping for the freshest, most flavorful ingredients and inventing new dishes and recipes.
I love veggies, but the fruits are what make me extra happy. Local strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, peaches and cherries are my favorite, and my kids love them too! I wish that they were available all year long, but I guess that’s what makes summer extra special!
Sweet Amsterdam approached me recently and challenged me to come up with a fresh and flavorful summertime recipe using one of their brand new stroopwafel flavors! It will come as no surprise to any of my friends and family that I chose Lemon bar!
Sweet Amsterdam Stroopwafels
Sweet Amsterdam Stroopwafels are a new new take on stroopwafels with European texture that is soft, chewy and delicious.
Their stroopwafels are gluten free, dairy free and come in four delicious flavors:
The combination of delicious flavors and better-for-you ingredients inspire happy snacking whether that means eating the stroopwafels on their own, or in a delicious recipe like the Strawberry Lemonade Sorbet Ice Cream Sandwiches we made to share with you today!
Who wants to win a 12 pack of each of the flavors of Sweet Amsterdam Stroopwafels?!?!? You’re in luck! We’re hosting a giveaway! Read to the bottom of this post for your chance to enter to win!
Strawberry Lemonade Sorbet Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
Strawberry Lemonade Ice Cream Sandwiches with Lemon Bar Stroopwafels Cookies
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, honey and water to create a simple syrup. Stir until sugar has dissolved and liquid begins to bubble.
- Add strawberries, lemon juice and lemon zest to the saucepan. Allow strawberries to simmer and soften for approximately 3 minutes stirring frequently.
- Place mixture in fridge to chill completely. Once thoroughly cooled blend mixture in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Transfer to your ice cream maker. Follow the instructions for your ice cream maker. Our ice cream maker makes this sorbet the perfect consistency for working with, however if your sorbet comes out too soft, place it in the freezer for 10-20 minutes for it to firm up before proceeding to the next step.
- Lay 12 Lemon Bar Stroopwafels on a baking sheet. Spread the softened ice cream over the top of each of the cookies.
- Place remaining cookies on top of the ice cream to form a sandwich. Put the ice cream sandwiches in the freezer and freeze for at least 2 hours before serving to firm up.
- Serve your beautiful strawberry lemonade sorbet ice cream sandwiches and enjoy!
Oh my goodness my mouth is watering just looking at these photos! The crunchy stroopwafel cookie with soft lemon bar filling combined with the strawberry lemonade sorbet is so mouthwatering delicious! You are going to be making this recipe on repeat all summer long!
WIN ALL 4 FLAVORS OF SWEET AMSTERDAM STROOPWAFELS
Want to win some Sweet Amsterdam Stroopwafels? My friends at Sweet Amsterdam are giving one lucky reader 5 boxes of Sweet Amsterdam Stroopwafels so that you can try all the flavors!
Enter below and comment to tell me, how would you eat your Sweet Amsterdam Stroopwafels? Would you eat them plain or create your own unique dessert combination? I always love your creativity!
At this point Sweet Amsterdam Stroopwafels are available in the US only, so this contest is open to those with a US shipping address only.a Rafflecopter giveaway
If you like this Strawberry Lemonade Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe I would love for you to pin it! It helps others discover our site which helps us bring you more awesome content like this!