Learn how to make DIY earrings using your Cricut or Silhouette! We are sharing 12 free earring cut files including an SVG for heart eye emoji earrings! Includes step by step instructions!
Hey-hey crafty friends! I’m super excited to share today’s post with you, I feel like it’s just what the world needs right around now– a little bit of happy! Have you heard about the “Lipstick Effect”? Economists have found that in times of economic downturn people spend money on small indulgences like lipstick, nail polish, skincare and accessories. Things that make them feel good.
Today we’re going to help you DIY some small indulgences! I’ve gotten together with my #TotallyFreeSVG crew and we are bringing you 12 earring cut files that you can make at home!
I created these DIY Heart Eye Emoji Earrings that I think turned out so fun! I’m going to walk you through how to make them and then I’ll share with you the fun earring designs that my friends made!
Enter your name and email address below and I’ll send this free cut file straight to your inbox!
- This cut file is for personal use only. A commercial use license can be purchased here.
- This file can be used in part or in whole for your personal projects.
- Digital reselling, sharing, redistributing of the files is NOT allowed. If you would like to share, please direct friends to the original blog post where you found this cut file.
Ready to get started! Read on!
Need HTV, Vinyl and other craft supplies to make all your amazing Cricut (or Silhouette) creations? Click here for the best prices on Cricut cutting machines, bundles, iron-On, vinyl, cardstock and more!
DIY Heart Eye Emoji Earrings
–Earring findings and jewelry pliers depending on what kind of earring hooks you are using. (I love using Kidney Earring Hooks like these because you can change your earrings on them easily and don’t need jewelry pliers to use them.)
Step 1: Upload the Heart Eye Emoji Cut File to Cricut Design Space. Size your design to the size you would like for your earrings. Click Make It.
Step 2: Follow the prompts on your screen to cut each of your pieces. You will want to cut the grey circles from faux leather using the deep point blade, and the yellow circles, red hearts and black mouths from iron-on.
Step 3: Weed your iron-on removing the excess vinyl surrounding each of your designs.
Step 4: Preheat your EasyPress using the heat setting recommended for the materials you are using. Use your Cricut Protective Sheet as a barrier between your EasyPress and earring. I like applying the iron-on to the back side of my faux leather instead of the front. I find the iron-on adheres better to the texture. Also this gives you a pretty faux leather design on the back of your earrings!
Step 5: Poke a hole in the top of each of your earrings for the earring findings to attach to. You can use your weeding tool to poke the hole.
Step 6: Attach your earring findings and voila! You have an adorable pair of heart eye emoji earrings!
Ready to see the amazing designs my very talented friends made?
Aren’t they amazing? Click on the links below to go to each blogger’s site to download their free svg file. We have:
- 5 Simple Shapes with Cutouts by The Country Chic Cottage
- Pineapple Earrings by Pineapple Paper Co.
- Split Circles Earrings by That’s What Che Said
- Heart Eye Emoji Earrings by Hello Creative Family
- Glitter & Suede Earrings by Hey, Let’s Make Stuff
- Watermelon Earrings by Happiness is Homemade
- Flower & Vine Earrings by 100 Directions
- Teardrop Earrings by Happy Go Lucky
- Teacher/Apple Earrings by Artsy-Fartsy Mama
- Arch Earrings by Crafting in the Rain
- Feather Earrings by Mad in Crafts
- Linked Heart Earrings by 30 Minute Crafts
In case you missed it! Get my heart eye emoji earring cut file by entering your name and email address below. I’ll send it straight to your inbox!
Which earrings will you make first? We hope that you’ve enjoyed all of the Totally Free SVG’s we offer our readers! I can’t believe that we’ve been doing #TotallyFreeSVGs for over a year! If you make something using one of the designs make sure to tag #TotallyFreeSVG and the creator on instagram!
Tell me… What theme of cut files would you like to see us create in 2020?
Looking for more awesome cut files? Find all of our Free SVG Files here.
Looking for more DIY Emoji Ideas?